No announcement yet.

Alright? from London

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Mark - Brilliant another new grape. Welcome to the informative mad house.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Hello Mark & welcome to the jungle.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Hello there. Friendly peeps here on the vine
        sigpic

Comment

Hello Mark, welcome to the vine. Where's the photos? C'mon we need pics!

Comment

OK some photos from last year

1. Allium Vineale / Crow Garlic, foraged from grass patch. A garlicky spring onion. Trying to grow from harvested bulbils this year.
            2. Allotment cat that looks a bit like a panther
            3. Attempt at "3 sisters" (grid of mounds) growing of sweetcorn/squash+pumpkin (no beans). Squashes were fine but sweetcorn just couldnt outgrow the squash so suspect I need to wait until they are at least 2 foot rather than 12 inches before planting squash. I tried the bean + sweetcorn mix on another bed and the beans just smothered the sweetcorn. Not sure if this growing method is suited to UK climate but I havent given up yet.
            4. Attempt at another "3 sisters" method with all beans/sweetcorn in middle of bed with squash/pumpkins going round the outside. Much closer spacing and the squashes werent very good apart from the very dull patty pans. I grew popcorn here which was just a waste of everyone's time really as it cross bred with all my normal sweetcorn and messed them up. Lesson learned: just grow one type of sweetcorn or succession sow so that they pollinate at completely different times.
            5. Winter Squash: Sweet dumpling I think
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Mark Lottie; 16-01-2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Hello and a very warm and very belated welcome to the Vine Hope you're enjoying it!
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X