No announcement yet.

I have returned

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you one and all for your warm welcome :-)

Scarlett - in response to your question on the other thread I am still playing regular chess and despite advancing age my play continues to be reasonably strong and I am still playing on board 3 or 4 for the local club - In fact I have a team match this afternoon.

Eldest grandson won the Junior championship last year and is in contention again this year - he had a string of 1st in Junior competitions last year - it is only a matter of time before he overtakes me :-)

The old allotment committee was replaced last year and getting things in order has been a rather stressful task - we were left with a backlog of 4 years of Annual reports and accounts which had never been properly finalised and only put these to bed just before Christmas. We are in the process of providing a 2nd watering point to serve the south side of the site which should be completed before planting time.

Otherwise the allotment is looking not too bad with seaweed covering 2 beds and 2 more with well rotted manure. High winds over the last week has resulted in a little damage but nothing that can't be easily rectified :-)
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Hiya Shen!
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Welcome back Sheneval. It's really great to see absent grapes returning to the Vine. Hope you are well

Comment

Welcome back Shen
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Just disappear of the face of the earth for ages, why doncha?

Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
              Oi Shen, I might just have to re-open the Gardeners Rest for an evening, just so you can buy the drinks all night
              yups, you were certainly missed in the GR. Less than 200o posts this year. Mind you, I blame VC for taking in her pups
              Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 17-01-2015, 07:07 PM. Reason: correcting no, of GR posts

Comment

oh and wb matey

Comment

Hello there:-)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                    yups, you were certainly missed in the GR. Less than 2000 posts this year. Mind you, I blame VC for taking in her pups
                    Well AP we always used to blame VC for everything so I have to agree with you it was obviously all her fault :-)

VC - told you it would come back to me :-)
                    Last edited by Nicos; 17-01-2015, 08:11 PM.
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Hi to you too noviceveggrower :-)

Nutter by Nature

Comment

welcome back shen,you missed the GR,
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Sheneval View Post
                          Well AP we always used to blame VC for everything so I have to agree with you it was obviously all her fault :-)

VC - told you it would come back to me :-)
                          I hoped you might have mellowed while you were AWOL
                          Wrong again

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            I hoped you might have mellowed while you were AWOL
                            Wrong again
                            VC - Trust you to think the worst. I was not AWOL - I was kidnapped by Aliens from Outer space and only escaped in time to help my good friend Bernard dig the trench for the new water supply or watch him dig the trench whilst I dealt with a wasp's nest which was delaying the work.

I would post a picture to prove this but the Aliens have blanked my memory - wait a minute I think it is coming back

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sheneval; 17-01-2015, 07:49 PM.

Nutter by Nature

Comment

That's a great new use for debris netting, Shen.

Comment

Hazel - sshhh - you'll give the game away - had to use something, there were hundreds of them - well at least 50 and they were somewhat perturbed when I blocked off the access to their hole in the ground and it took ages to disperse them - they seemed to come a dozen or so at a time but did not attack - still think I could have been mistaken for something from outer space

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X