No announcement yet.

Hello from Braintree!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Jane.
    Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
    Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!! iv been growing fruit & veg from seed in my back garden for about 10 yrs now. Iv got into companion planting the last few yrs as a way to confuse/deter bad bugs. I never spray any type of pesticide on my plants. I grow potatoes-best so far are red duke of York & vales emerald for earliness,melon-get to the size of a 10p then get eaten by slugs,sweet peppers,geranium,marigold,nasturtium,tomatoes,Brussels sprouts,runner bean-celebration coz they're very early also a few of the plants re-shooted from the previous yrs root,so that will be interesting if I get beans from it for a third year?sweetcorn-seville are excellent but couldn't find it last yr,peas,carrots,rocket,basil (& cucumber survives best if grown in my kitchen) I don't have a greenhouse here,iv got a couple of 3 shelved plastic tents & the patio,it gets pot crazy around here,half my kitchen,the living room floor,I had so many plants tho,I liked it!! Most of it gets planted out into the ground,the rest in raised beds & pots. I had about 10/12 potato grow bags last yr started the first lot off march 1st,then planted up 3 bags a month,to give me potatoes over a longer period of time,growth is slow in cold weather,but I think it worked ok & will do it again in a couple of weeks. Can't wait,spring is coming!!!

Comment

Hi Jane...great to finally meet you!
        Your garden sounds great..well done
        ..and a huge official welcome to the Vine
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          melon-get to the size of a 10p then get eaten by slugs
          I've given up on melons, pretty similar story. For all the time they've taken I've decided to give up on them and grow something else.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 10-02-2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Hello JJ, was a lurker too but only for a very short time! I'm new to gardening and have learned a lot from the very knowledgable and friendly grapes. Last year was my first at growing veg and had lots of help...even when asking daft questions. Enjoy!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Jane welcome to the forum
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

There are no daft questions,I like reading everything in the forum,people do things in different ways & get the same results or better. I joined the other day coz someone asked a question that I had experience with,so I came in with my little bit of knowledge (it's taken 4 years for that to happen haha!!) If I'd have joined years ago my questions would have been endless,so for years I just used to type into google 'grow your own forum + my question' & the questions have always been covered in someone's post,all the information,discussions & experience from people on this forum,have given me great results over the years,I'm eternally grateful & quite confident now in what Im doing

Comment

That's a lovely post JJ A very warm welcome to the Vine, glad you've joined us
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X