one year on....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali.A View Post
    Great idea. Will try to be organised with my photos this year. Instead of waiting 'til next year to post them
    Ali while you're taking photos don't forget to enter the vines virtual show its all for fun

Have a look at last years sunflower entries :-

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ing_85663.html
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Well done. It all looks lovely. I'm very jealous of your sweet peas. I grow them every year and they have never looked that good.

Comment

well done - it looks great! Are you planning on growing anything new / different this year?

Comment

Ooooh gorgeous pics I especially love looking at allotment summer pics at this time of year as it cheers me up with the knowledge that it won't be long before things start growing once more

I got my first allotment last year too and had SO much fun....best thing I ever did!
          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Lovely plot Ali, where are you in the country?
            Hi , I'm in South Devon, so we are having a very mild winter. Its a bit wet at the moment though nothing like the weather around your way

Comment

Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
              So good to read and see stories like that Ali, gives hope to all of us on the waiting list, it looks great.
              Btw, how urban is the plot ?, can see houses on the road but still looks out of the way so to speak
              Its on the edge of a market town. Its surrounded by farm & woodland. We are very lucky to have 5 sites around our town & last year they advertised in the local papers that they had about 10 vacant plots, so I didn't have to go on a waiting list.

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                well done - it looks great! Are you planning on growing anything new / different this year?
                Oh yes, got loads planned for this year. Planted plum tree & gooseberry bushes in Autumn, just got a cherry tree so will plant when its a bit drier. Also giving dwarf beans, sugar snap peas & onions a go, although as I only have a half plot I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze them all in. Thought I might give melons a try as well, if I get a cold frame. Just waiting for spring......

Comment

Also giving dwarf beans, sugar snap peas & onions a go, although as I only have a half plot I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze them all in.
                  Have a dabble with SFG.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Oh yes, got loads planned for this year. Planted plum tree & gooseberry bushes in Autumn, just got a cherry tree so will plant when its a bit drier. Also giving dwarf beans, sugar snap peas & onions a go, although as I only have a half plot I'm not sure how I'm going to squeeze them all in. Thought I might give melons a try as well, if I get a cold frame. Just waiting for spring......
                    It's amazing how much you CAN squeeze in.....AND it keeps the blasted weeds *Gilly's nemesis last year* at bay too

SFG = Square Foot Gardening......took me a few minutes to work that out
                    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Am glad someone has been doing their homework Gilly..............I was hoping Neil would come on with the answer.................or maybe not............
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X