No announcement yet.

Newbie here - need advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and welcome to the vine Jane0o0, you've had some good advice so i'll give you the link to the vines own growing guides.

How To Grow Vegetables & Fruit | Growing Guides & Tips | Grow Your Own Magazine
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Welcome to the vine

Comment

Welcome Jane

In terms of your green house, you could start some Rocket or similar, and if you're lucky it will crop this year and survive under cover throughout the winter.

You could also start some spring onions now, for an early crop next...err...Spring

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	indexbb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2374760

Purchased all of these for the greenhouse today. would I be able to start the peppers, spring onions off now?

Comment

There should be resonable info on the back as to when it's safe to sow.
            Peppers like tomatoes don't like the cold. You can sow indoors in February if you have plenty of windowsill space. Although you may get leggy (long, spindly plants that don't stand up) growth if the room is too warm due the plant growing too fast and stretching for light. My peppers and chillies don't stay in the green house until May...temps need to be consistently above 12. They may survive a dip in temperature but the soft young growth can get easily frosted.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X