I Don't Have One Yet But.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hee hee! Maybe I should try that

And naturally I would need to have the comical squaky beach ball bounce out and bop them on the head before boucing merrily away!
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
      Okay.... sorry to resurect this, I have more questions....

I've found a closer lottie that I think has spaces. I'm going to go and see the secretary on Saturday or Sunday morning (gutted I didn't phone last week as I missed a veg show/comp/open day Saturday just gone....)

So my question is this.... it's a plot that is leased from the council to the allotment people (sorry, don't knwo the word for 'opposite to council run' . Is there anything I need to be aware that makes it different to a council run plot?

No idea yet the ground rent, but they have a Trading Hut and Club House too!!

So this is what happens.
      GYO move servers, I cannot get on at all and Shortie gets a plot.

There's a conspiracy going on here.

Well done that short person.

So come on Shortie, details, photo's, etc etc.

Our site agent finally gave up ten of his fifteen rod. The councillors clocking the overgrown weed site and asking about it when there are people complaining about lack of vacant plots seems to have been what triggered a letter, that got a reaction.
      So far this week I have made three women very happy with nothing more than a few rods!
      Three for you, three for you and four for you.

Old chap still reckons he is going to continue as the site agent, but even a sort conversation reveals a total absence of short term memory. and he is doing nothing an agent should.
      Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
      Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
      I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Oops, sorry Peter... I haven't got it yet, but it sounds hopeful from the lady I spoke to on the phone (though she's not the secretary so may have had it wrong - here's hoping not eh?)

Gosh, sounds like things on your plot are changing Peter...? Is it for the better do you think, or not?

I will certainly take before photo's if I get a plot, and if she offers me one I'll be biting her hand off (not literally ofcourse ). You can all chuckle then at the work I'll have cut out for myself. I'm already eyeing up a HUGE tarpaulin in my Dad's garage to cover the ground I won't use straight away

I'm trying not to get too excited in case I have a let down (like last time - though I'm still on their waiting list and should get one in Jan if this this weekend's visit doesn't turn anything up)

.... I've even started to buy seeds (okay.... 25p from Wyvales) for the lottie I still don't have, and planning the flowers I'll put in place of the veges growing in my garden now. What am I like??

To make me even worse was the timing of the freebie beginner lottie guide in the Move to the Country mag - I'm reading it over and over on the train and tube journey. I'll be getting to the end of the Northern line before I look up!
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Fingers crossed for you shortie xxxxx

Mare x

Comment

Cheers Bramble Lover
            Oh, I 've just remembered, whilst reading furiously yesterday I saw that if you want a pond on your plot (thinking of your baths) you need to check first if you're allowed one/two - have you asked them yet? Just in case you hadn't, didn't want you getting in trouble!
            Shortie

Comment

Glad to hear you've made a few ladies happy, Shortie. I have to say, when I first asked about getting an allotment I was told there were no vacant plots but having just secured one I've noticed a fair few on our site that are obviously not being tended. My thoughts are that the people who run the site are so nice they don't tend to kick anyone off whose not using the site whilst it's still within the rental period. There are also quite a few plot-holders on our site who for one reason or another are not longer able to manage their entire plot so it might be worth keeping an eye on these and perhaps asking them if they'd be prepared to give up half. Our limited experience is that the neighbouring plot holders would much rather see you take on a half plot than let it get overrun and all the weeds start attacking!

Comment

Happy Days

Wooooo Hooooo! I'm being put up before the commitee on Thursday and wil hear on Friday if I get a plot. (Or sorry, the lady said "I'll call you to tell you that you do have one )

Rent is £40 a year plus £4 membership and some mony for keys. I now have a place where I can buy genuine free range egs too.

I've chosen plot 127, next to another new starter (she took hers over last week) and there's a vacant 15 rods beside me. Water supply at the end of my plot and a nearly collapsed shed (but should be able to carefully take it done and reuse quite a lot of it.

I have to get at least 70% of my plot cultivated by January and keep it that way, but I get until January rent free.

This weekend's task is now to collect back up ina box (or 5 - oops) the bit's I've bought to use when I had one

Woooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo
                Shortie

Comment

Congratulations Shortie Good Luck with the plot

Comment

Originally posted by Shortie View Post
                    being put up before the commitee on Thursday
                    Is that like going to court ?? not that I have been to court obveously

Congratulatons Shortie, the allotments are still expensive (but worth it) as we have them for £5 a year up here with a lifetimes suply of seeds free

Comment

That's great news Shortie!
                      [

Comment

Cheers all.

About to trawl the threads on here for advice. I'm soooooo excited - can you tell?
                        Shortie

Comment

Well shortie I don't know about everyone else but when you said Wooooo Hooooo! that made me think you were a tiny little bit exited

Comment

Well done shortie! am very pleased for you! why dont you start a diary thing so we can all keep up to date with your progress? dinky doo took photos before and after which were interesting, and wish Id done the same. Good luck! dexterdog
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Congratulations Shortie, could'nt be more pleased for you.Know how much you wanted a plot and now you've got it. Delighted.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good one Shortie,

I look forward to seeing your new plot. Don't forget , you needa kettle & stove & chairs then if you've got time dig it all over .
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X