No announcement yet.

I Don't Have One Yet But.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Shortie! just got home and logged on immediately! Keep trying the council, have you tried their main switchboard no? is there anyone else they can try for you? dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• been watching afar as any carer would do!!
      Hang on in there ...it WILL happen
      If you need any references...I'm sure you will have plenty from here!!
      Esp if GYO mag are prepared to follow you through ( loads of photos needed!!!)

No harm in putting in your contacts - may make a difference!!!
      Fight for what you can get....I'll come over and support you (mean that!)
      and I'm sure LJ will vouche for you too!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hi its like any thing else in life if you want it bad enough you will find the time i have half a allotment on skirkcoat green in Halifax west yorkshire been their four years now spent 12 months getting rid of previous owners rubbish it had its good points and bad eg got 7 raised beds bad point club root rife .allotments to me is about comuntiy spirit as well which seems sadley lacking in today fast paced society i am also a active committe member fixing stand pipes general repairs mucking in where ever you see i love it i work 37 hour week and also have two children to taxi around and entertain yes it is a big comitment but really enjoyable if you get stuck in i am learning all sorts about plum trees to black beans their are 28 people on a waiting list waiting to get on our allotments so we all have to keep on top of our weeding ect so if you want fresh air organic veg comuntiy spirit plenty of free advice go for it fill your boots time now for perpairing for next years crops says me still pulling sweet corn and cauliflowers taste better than supermarkets .

Comment

• Wooo hoooo! I heard in the end! I'm in

Getting the thermos flasks out tonight to clean the dust out and sandwiches being made tomorrow. Can't wait

Thanks soooooo much for all your support guys. I've been unbearable in work today not knowing.

I'm taking photo's of the plot before and during so I can keep a running journal of what goes on
          Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Well done Guys, consider this an e-hug
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

• Although I am a Newbie, and haven't corresponded with you before Shortie, I was pointed to this thread earlier today (as we may be geting our own allotment in the very near future), and got wrapped up in the story that has unfolded here! Just wanted to be amongst the first to say very well done indeed!!!! I am sooo pleased, and looking forwards to hearing all about it as you progress it forwards! Just hope we have as much luck as you have had!
              Blessings
              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Shortie - what FANTASTIC news! am SO pleased for you! My OH even asked how you had got on when he came home from work! WELL DONE! dexterdog PS you'll have to keep everyone updated on your hard work!
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• Was that a group hug Nick? dexterdog
                  Bernie aka DDL

Comment

• Thanks guys
                    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• certaily was Dexter. I think we all need one with the stress Off to make a celibratery mug of tea
                      ntg
                      Never be afraid to try something new.
                      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                      ==================================================

Comment

• nice one Nick - just opened a "tinny" myself! A toast to Shortie and her future success! dexterdog
                        Bernie aka DDL

Comment

• Don't forget to take your camera with you for some before and after shots!

Make sure you have Radox bath and something to heal your blisters on your return

As they say roond heya "Tec it canny on you first day"

Well done shortie.....enjoy!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just thought of something shortie...now you can start your answers/threads with "Well the way I do it on my allotment is......."

Very gratifying
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• True, might be a load of toot that I talk though
                              Shortie

Comment

• Originally posted by Shortie View Post

True, might be a load of toot that I talk though
                                Toots good!..... I manage to get by on toot

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X