No announcement yet.

I Don't Have One Yet But.....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so pleased for you Shortie! That is really great news and am looking forward to all the updates and photos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
      Toots good!..... I manage to get by on toot
      So do I & no ones found me out yet An expert is someone who knows more than you
      ntg
      Never be afraid to try something new.
      Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
      A large group of professionals built the Titanic
      ==================================================

Comment

• Well done, Shortie!

Looking forward to hearing all about your progress
        http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

• Great news Shortie!
          [

Comment

• well done Sghortie, could'nt have happened to a nicer person. Delighted for you.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Went down this morning (late - didn't realise I was being given a lie-in until I was woken up at 10am - oops!) and did a 12- 4.30 stint. Wooo am I feeling it and it goes to prove how much I need the exercise!

The contents on the shed seemed to be thus: a couple of chaira, lots of rubbish, some dried onions and garlic (very, very, very dried ), some dried bean pods (- hey Nick, maybe these are the extinct yellow podded broad beans you were after... or more likely not),some metal grill thing and I suspect a resident rat as it stunk. I'm not sure why I'm the only one who can smell them - they stink rotten and I could't stand the smell when we had a hamster - poor thing got cleaned out far roo often for his own good

Soooo, I managed to cut back some brambles today to salvage a metal burning cage thingy, and started to dig the plot over. Tomorrow we're going to hire a strimmer from the lottie shop and burn the stuff (hope it's not windy tomorrow) and then give in and put down organic weedkiller so that we can get on with a total reconstriction of the shed, complete with freecycle glass and wood.

Oh, and I walked away with some runner beans from the lovely lady opposite me. If being a lottie owner makes you like her, I'll have some of this the reat of my time thanks - she's past retirement age but still works 5 days a week and owns 6 plots, and they're all really well tended!!

Anyway, enough waffle. If I can manage to unpeel myself from the chair later, I'll try and get a couple of photo's posted
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Nice one shortie! hope you havent overdone it - like me who was helping the boss move into new premises! needless to say humped all the office stuff etc. and had it all sorted by 11am when the bosses wife turned up to help! had a soak in the bath and am taking it easy now! hope you are doing the same! recommend glass of wine in the bath, well, not in the bath, but on the side for regular sipping amongst the bubbles and warm water! not forgetting GYO to read! best wishes dexterdog
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• Well done Shortie!! Isnt it exciting getting on with it for the first time?

Just a word of advice......don't try and do too much all at once. I know how the time runs away with you and you could end up with a bad back!!

Let me know how the wine making goes

(aka kantankrus mare)
                  Last edited by Bramble Lover; 16-09-2006, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Cheers KM from Dappy (lol)

Okay, feeling surprisingly refreshed right now. That means tomorrow I'll be totally unable to get out of bed. Dexter, thing is I'm clumsy enough to drop the wine in the bath!
                    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                      So do I & no ones found me out yet An expert is someone who knows more than you
                      Actually an ex is something that once was and a spurt is a little squirt of water.
                      Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                      Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                      I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

• Yyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Congrats, Shortie.

When will you start an allotment blog?
                        Great way of keeping a record!

Just enough growing left in the weeds for glyphosate weedkiller to be useful, so do not strim as you will need as much greenery as possible for it to work.

Above all at the end of the weekend do not a/. worry about what you have not managed to do or b/. assume that what you have cleared will still be pristine dug soil next weekend as some little things will have sprouted or resprouted.
                        Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                        Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                        I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter View Post
                          Actually an ex is something that once was and a spurt is a little squirt of water.

I thought a spurt was a drip under pressure
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

• Actually shortie, reason why I'm wide awake at this unearthly hour is my back is aching from moving offices this morning and lugging all the boxes of stuff around! I'm getting too old for all this **** methinks! Hope you wake up refreshed and raring to go! dexterdog PS when you've had as much practice as me, you don't spill a drop!
                            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

• Plots in Gosprt Hampshire

I was in Gosport (well somebody has to visit or Gosportees get upset) a couple of days ago and I spotted some empty allotment plots near HMS Sultan. Its a bit far for me to commute but some locals might be interested
                              Last edited by bootie; 17-09-2006, 08:50 AM. Reason: Fogot title
                              You are never too old to learn

Comment

• Having watched this story unfold from the start I have to say that its been quite a rollercoaster ride, One min up and the next down.

Does this mean that we wont see you that much now Shortie? Any spare time will be spent on the patch and any time at home with the linament and soaking in the bath :-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X