Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
    Good one Shortie,

I look forward to seeing your new plot. Don't forget , you needa kettle & stove & chairs then if you've got time dig it all over .
    The guy on the plot next to me has done that...Hired a joiner to build him a shed...kitted it out with cupboards, wood burning stove and cooking facilities and has never been seen again! Funny old world
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Forgot to mention ...Congratulations shortie.....
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Shortie
        Well done - persistence pays in the end eh ? Mugs of tea all round for visiting grapes ? Or will it be rhubarb schnapps?
        Really happy for you mate, you have been on about getting yourself a plot for so long now.
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congrats Shortie, hope it brings you hours of enjoyment and many fruitful crops!

Comment

Rhubarb Schnapps and tea, both on offer! I did have to laugh as I found a rhubarb growing on the plot.. I have an absolute monster at home!

Oh, that and a gooseberry bush. It's all I've managed to spot on my fleeting visit today

Cheers for the sweet words guys
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

great feeling isn't it??
              hope you took your butties and refreshment down there today???
              We had a fantastic time on ours today and wonderful nosh tonight...all home grown bar the pig and ice cream
              Just a different life eh????
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Magic.

Well done that short person.

Do not try and do too much at once, or you'll be laid up and never get it done in time.
                Measure it out, mark off 70%, divide it up into chunks that you reckon you can do easily in a day's visit and nibble away one chunk at a time.
                Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

Didn't think of dividing up the 70%, cheers Peter... that way at least I can feel I've achieved one target each time. I invested in a camping gaz thingy a few months back with a flat plate for a frying pan. Bacon butties, here I come! Hoping to strike up a friendship with the new lady next to me, she seems nice. The lady opposite me is lovely too, she has 6 plots!
                  Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

This week I let three plots from one ten rod an old gent gave up.
                    Made 3, 3, 4 rod plots.
                    Went up this evening to redoe the marker posts as one had "evaporated", cut a scaffold pole into two six foot lengths and divided the six rod flat in two. The four is already seperated by a sope with gooseberries on it.
                    When I got there, the new tenants had already been hard at work.

Lower 3 had started weeding and digging from one corner.
                    Upper 3 hed scraped all the crap up and cut down the weed growth.

Makes you glad, especially after all the weeds the old boy had been growing in recent years.
                    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
                    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
                    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

That's good Peter... hopefully starting how they mean to carry on eh? At least it's proven so far your effort to break it up was worth it
                      Shortie

Comment

shortie, hows it going? getting bogged down yet?
                        try having a lottie day, invite everyone you know who will work, dig out all the weeds cover up the stuff you cant get done this year, and give them beer and bbq after.
                        we are working shifts both doing 90 odd hours a week with never the same days off and we manage, its so good that i changed my life and job to spend more time there.
                        Yo an' Bob
                        Walk lightly on the earth
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can
                        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Cheers yoanbob. Hopefully I will be able to start next weekend as I've not been put to commitee yet. But have a few days booked for later in the month to go away.... no more... a few days on the lottie instead!
                          Shortie

Comment

Well done Shortie - I now know how you feel as I've just got (subject to signing agreement) a lovely little (but horribly overgrown) half plot this morning.

Hubby will be pleased as he didn't really take to me using red cabbages as edging plants in the herbaceous borders
                            http://inelegantgardener.blogspot.com

Comment

Good luck for tomorrow!

Fingers, eyes and legs crossed for you tomorrow, Shortie - but you won't need it! Good luck and do let everyone know ASAP when you find out! dexterdog
                              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Hi HM! welcome to the Vine - congrats on getting your lottie - keep us all updated with your progress! You'll find lots of useful advice here on t' Vine! dexterdog
                                PS when your OH tastes all your fab home grown veg, he will change his mind! mine did - he pulls my leg every so often, but then when I serve him a super meal with all my "own grown" veg - he soon changes his mind!
                                Last edited by dexterdoglancashire; 13-09-2006, 05:43 PM.
                                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X