Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New allotment Insurance from the SWCAA

Hi

I would like to introduce the South West Counties allotment Association, we are based in North Devon in the South West but cover the whole of the country. We have just launched as a community interest company and can now offer all allotment holders and gardeners who become a Friend of the SWCAA Public and Product Liability Insurance for just £2 per year which covers you for £5,ooo.ooo. There is no catch. This type of insurance is a must for everyone especially those on allotments and is not available anywhere else. You can only join as an individual we can not offer cover for associations. For further information visit insurance
    or e-mail swc.aa@virgin.net

We need to spread the word, our presss release and flyer can be downloaded from the above address.

Any Feedback appreciated.

Ayesha Wilkinson
    Director/Secretary
    SWCAA

Comment

Thanks for this thread, Insurance is not something we had considered in this backwater. I am now our allotment manager...you can call me councillor or my lord if you wish!!...There are just 11 of us on our tiny village site but I am having a meeting to see if we should form an association and I will definately mention this.

Can't help but feel it is a sad age we live in sometimes

Comment

THIS IS TYPICAL UK HEALTH AND SAFETY LAWS THESE DAYS.

THERE IS THE MAN THAN BROKE INTO SOMEONES HOUSE, TRIPPED ON A ROLLERSKATE AND BROKE HIS LEG AND SUED THE HOMEOWNER FOR SOME DISGUSTING AMOUNT!

Our field is covered by the council for anywhere on the field appart from your own plot which is up to. It only costs us £3.00 a year which is optional - I go for it just incase.
        All vehicles now running 100% biodiesel...
        For a cleaner, greener future!

Comment

Public Liability Insurance - update.

After much telephoning to insurance companies I got a very positive response from Nationwide insurance. Our home insurance was due for renewal and, by switching to Nationwide, they will cover the public liability insurance on my allotment plot (no additional charge) and I have also saved money on my home insurance. (I am still awaiting written confirmation from Nationwide but I am assured that there is no problem.) Please be assured that I have absolutely no professional connection with Nationwide and I offer the above comments based on my own recent experience. Please do your own research but I hope that the above helps.

Gwyndy (formerly Two Sheds)
          Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

I have just taken over as allotment Secretary on our site and it is stipulated by the Council that we must have public liability insurance.
            I know NSALG can do this but would like to try and get a few more quotes for the association. Individual insurance is no good, it needs to be for an association.
            Have any of you knowledgeable grapes had dealings with other insurance schemes pertaining to an association with added benefits if possible?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X