No announcement yet.

Fixing the shed to the ground!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way is to drive posts into the ground either inside the shed or outside and nail the shed to it !! Use thick parts of a pallet thats free

Comment

would somebody really steal a whole shed?
      Really?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
        would somebody really steal a whole shed?
        Really?
        apparently,yes,have heard it said of a site in our neck of the woods,a new shed,the site had cameras,locks,high fencing,and apparently someone got in,took it to bits,and made of with it,if people are determined to help themselves,then nothing will stop them,short of breaking they legs,then it's us inside,not them.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

The toilet shed on our site blew over in the high winds last year (don't if any one was in it at the time).

The council have now driven in a post on the outside on each corner and used carriage bolts to secure the shed.
          I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacey Steve View Post
            The toilet shed on our site blew over in the high winds last year (don't if any one was in it at the time).

The council have now driven in a post on the outside on each corner and used carriage bolts to secure the shed.
            Just hald a mental picture of someone sitting on the dunny at the time.........Lol
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              Just hald a mental picture of someone sitting on the dunny at the time.........Lol
              He he!

I had to load breeze blocks into my shed in a hurry some years ago when it was trying to take off - when we 'weren't' experiencing that hurricane. It was quite scarey and the kids were terrified their bikes were going to disappear! I was a bit more concerned about the barn sides of corrugated iron that were flying through the air - in retrospect I should probably have let the shed go, but my favourite spade was in there!!
              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by flowerofshona View Post
                Easy way is to drive posts into the ground either inside the shed or outside and nail the shed to it !! Use thick parts of a pallet thats free
                I did something similar, we had a bedframe that was no good and our shed went over twice so we hammered about 2-3foot of the side bits of the bed into the ground and screwed through from the other side using washers and square unistrut plates to make sure they didn't pull through.

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                  I had the same image ...!

We built our shed round one of our neighbour's old kitchen units, as she'd just got a new kitchen. It's heavy and makes great storage.

The shed itself is up on a network of old bricks, which we levelled and then just popped the shed on top.
                  ---
                  Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

i have put two posts into the ground at the back of it using a post rammer ,

if you look at my blog below you will see what happens to a shed when hit with heavy winds mine ended up on its roof
                    http://newplot.blogspot.com/

rain rain go away (2009)

rain rain rain (2010)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X