No announcement yet.

Peas in Guttering

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would give them a week or two of outside in the day and in at night to get them used to the shock of the big wide world.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thankyou hopefully we will have nice fresh peas if they make it home!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        I tried it last year. I didn't make holes, just put the thing on a very slight incline and the spare water drained. oHwever, I found it a bit of a faff getting them out. The ones I sowed earlier in modules and yog pots were far easier to handle.
        I have been trying to work this one out after asking for anyones knowledge of AGRETTI seeds. Just realised it wasnt answering my query no wonder I was confused

Comment

Originally posted by crichmond View Post
          Many thanks for your help crichmond. I will look out for those

Comment

I tried growing peas in guttering a few years ago, but I won't be doing it again. I nearly fell off the roof harvesting them
            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

I was always under the impression that peas liked a long root run, like beans & sweetpeas Surely guttering isn't deep enough to give a long root? I'm going to be sowing mine in root-trainers for the first time this year, after getting fed up with the weird fungus growing on the loo-roll inners for the last 2 years...

Comment

The peas and beans I have in Roottrainers are romping away Sara, bestest things ever invented for starting peas, beans and sweet peas.
                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Thanks folks! Think I'll go for no holes and crossed fingers! Wish me luck ... and the same back at y'all!!
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

I grow in guttering, what I did was gut the guttering to fit a standard seed tray and put two pieces in a tray. The tray then stops the compost falling out the end. I also found the length easy to slide the peas out when transplanting. You dont need a great deal of compost to start peas off and I think it is a bit of a waste of use to use root trainers. ( will be needing them for beans soon).

Comment

Hmm, I like that idea Gojoberry! I was thinking of leaving the lengths of guttering quite long, so there were less ends to cover, but then I guess they'd be more difficult to get into the ground later.
                      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X