when the spuds have gone

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
    .................. and they are about the thickness of the bottom of an 8ft bamboo cane.

Ian
    I start eating them then!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've got my Mamoth leeks for an early crop. I also have two 8 inch pots full of Mammoth and Musselburgh.To save me watering them all the time and give them a bit of room to grow, I dig a hole in any spare area I can find, tip them out of the pot and and plant them in a clump. They will stay there quite happily until I clear another crop and plant them out individually!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Spring cabbages.

Comment

I planted out my first (of 3) pot of leeks last week (I had over 70 squashed into the pot, but didn't plant a handful of utter tiddlers as I ran out of room!! 70 planted though) - into the space left by the first 2 short rows of spuds.

OH took another row of spuds at the weekend, and I should be taking some more next weekend, so I'll plant out the next pot then, although I am not sure if I'll get the 3rd pot into the ground before our hols in 3 weeks (there's only so many spuds we can eat at a go, so expect there will be space on the morning of the hols when I dig a large bag to bring with us - and I might be a tad busy that day to do another big job like that).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X