No announcement yet.

Allotment theft on the increase

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"That way it could go to those who might try to profit from it (lets face it if they need to profit from some veg they are hardly the Krays and are probably quite poor)" Or raising funds to feed their drug habit? I'm probably being cynical here, but I think I'd like to see the people who are having the excess produce rather than encourage people to just "take"
    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

ooooooh!! If you are unfortunate enough to have to fund a drug habit you need Flat screens, laptops, mobiles, not radishes, courgettes and onions.

Comment

Whooops Shows just how much I know about druggies then
        My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

We have had ruhbarb slashed. tatties and cabbage and onions stolen, first time produce has been stolen here in Middlesbrough at our site???

Vandalism has always ben a problem but the only produce thieves have been SLUGS and CATERPILLARS.

I class these peeps as human slugs

Comment

Originally posted by louly View Post
            Maybe if you made it known that once a week all excess would be left at the gates there would be no need to worry about the allotments. That way it could go to those who might try to profit from it (lets face it if they need to profit from some veg they are hardly the Krays and are probably quite poor) AND those who really dont have the money to buy veg and want it for themselves
            The problem here that I see is that you would get a number of opportunists, coming and taking the produce in order to sell at car boot sales. I am cynical I know, but then so is life, if you wanted to ensure it goes to a good cause, why not give it to local soup kitchens. They are always in need of assistance, and at least you can ensure the homeless get a good quality meal once in a while.
            I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X