No announcement yet.

Destroy everything!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all the best weed killer i have found that works wonders with everything is sodium chlorate it is a total unselective weed killer only thing is that it lingers around for ages in the soil 5-6months or so i cleared a really over grown spot in my garden with it and it got everything dandys, brambles, everything with deep roots because they rotted into the ground they left the holes the best way to use it is to cut all the large growth down then when the soil is moist completely saturate the area with the solution and that will sort it out
    Last edited by wykesmallholder; 08-10-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling lol

Comment

We don't want to go down the chemical route and are starting as we mean to go on. We've now cut back the whole plot and covered large sections of it while we gradually dig over to form beds where we want them. I did consider rotivating but as we've got bind weed I didn't want to break the roots up any more than necessary. Fortunatly the soil seems really good and therefore it's pretty easy to dig and pick out weeds. I know it'll take longer to get rid of them but I feel more comfortable with not using weed killers.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by wykesmallholder View Post
        Hi all the best weed killer i have found that works wonders with everything is sodium chlorate it is a total unselective weed killer only thing is that it lingers around for ages in the soil 5-6months or so i cleared a really over grown spot in my garden with it and it got everything dandys, brambles, everything with deep roots because they rotted into the ground they left the holes the best way to use it is to cut all the large growth down then when the soil is moist completely saturate the area with the solution and that will sort it out
        I personally wouldn't eat any veg, or allow my family to eat any veg from an area that had been saturated with a RESIDUAL weedkiller like Sodium Chlorate.

Just a personal view but if you are happy to do that, fair comment!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X