No announcement yet.

I've Got One, I've Got One!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how exciting for you!. i've had mine for 6months and am still taming it!. i have a 250sqm plot and have 1/2 under plastic while i sort the other half out, then will tackle the other half. its hard work and fighting weeds is a pain in the butt, but i've had spuds and will have toms this year so am pleased as punch!. cant wait for next yr!.
    Finding Home

Comment

Hurray for you!
      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Went to see plot 4 yesterday

Lovely is not the word I would use to describe it at the moment. It is just on the edge of the land that has been rotivated so no nasty chopped up weeds. Has lots of rubble, broken glass bits of metal etc, BUT NO BRAMBLES!! Consider myself very lucky. Its going to be lots of hard work, but what a way to loose weight and get fit.
        Going to Cornwall for 2 weeks on Saturday. The site manager said he would get my plot( I love saying that) staked out by the time I get home so then it will be all systems go.
        Because there is still clearing work being done up there, they are not charging rent until next April. After that it is £45 per year with 25% off if paid within 1 month of invoicing, and £12 a year for water.
        Strange but my back has already started to ache.
        Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ooops sorry, forgot to add.
          Thanks NG for the offer to help with the digging.I just might take you up on that. Once I have a plan sorted, I will get in touch.
          Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

went to see my new plot today... some parts are 12 feet high bramble with ash saplings and blackthorn.looks like the brazilian rainforest in there.welcome to slash and burn agriculture!on the bright side this plot is next to the water tap and doesn't have a 70 ft willow blown down on its entire length like the other vacant site, the plot next to me on one side looks to be recently recovered but the other side is in a similar state to mine and is apparently currently in use ??
            Last edited by snakeshack; 18-09-2008, 09:37 PM.
            don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
            remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

See if you can level it and cover it, that way things won't be growing (as fast) and it will stop it going absolutely mad while you start from one end!!!

Good luck!
              ---
              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

went down on monday with a "CREW" of conscipts,(2 sons and a victim from work who owed me a favor) cleared 2/3 of site of bramble and blackthorn topgrowth and covered with plastic. need to have bonfire from hell probably on top of coppiced ash in middle.Any suggestions for root removal?
                don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X