I Love It!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tricky View Post
    I am pleased its not just me , my lottie (mm long story ) literally saved my life too , it gave me the strength (slow at first ) ,you eventually had a sense of achievement .
    More so i have gained many freinds from this forum even though some people wanted my private life published (they seem to know more about me then me ?) .I hope we can all gain strength in our hobbies , i use to gain peace from my space and we all have allotments for lots of reasons.
    You saying this has convinced me to do all I can to encourage a friends son with his growing. He is only 20 and has suffered with depression and agrophobia for the last 2-3 years. He asked me about growing some veg and bits in their garden which is a small paved yard with some beds around the sides. There is room to grow in the beds and to use containers. This is the first interest he has shown in doing anything outside, he's barely left the house in the time he's been ill. Fingers crossed that this will help him not only with an interest but also his diet and some fresh air and a recovery. He has missed so much in his life already.

Comment

It's not just kids that drive you mad - for me it was my parents! Controversial! I'm 29 and have been very ill with depression and anxiety etc for 10 years (offically) but it really came to my attention at age 6. I have missed so much life and have been so miserable. It was only in finding my hubby and being accepted for me. Growing and blogging and then meeting people through forums like this has saved my life. It's no joke just how much this can help - in my case combined with a lot of meds but I'm still fighting on. I think sometimes we have to let our guard down and tell people about mental health probs - more often that not you find they have a story to tell too.
      http://growourown.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        sounds like heaven, I am glad you are enjoying it so much.
        wish I could consider a plot, but I don't drive, and the nearest even if I could get one is a good 45 minutes walk, which wouldn't be too bad, if I didn't have such bad joints, never mind, the garden will have to do, and I have two more raised beds today, didn't even have to build them as the guys fitting my kitchen bodged the old carcasses as they took them out for me, so they can go straight into place.
        There aren't any plots going at the moment anyway I enquired a coupld of days ago Brighton council have closed the waiting lists as there are so many people wanting an allotment down here and the waiting lists that are open have 70 people waiting for 40 plots so would be a good few years before anyone down here gets one

Comment

Originally posted by Nicola.P View Post
          There aren't any plots going at the moment anyway I enquired a coupld of days ago Brighton council have closed the waiting lists as there are so many people wanting an allotment down here and the waiting lists that are open have 70 people waiting for 40 plots so would be a good few years before anyone down here gets one
          ouch, have you tried parish councils? not sure of the situation over brighton way, cos i am adur district.
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

There aren't any plots going at the moment ... Brighton council have closed the waiting lists
            I couldn't get a Brighton plot either, when I lived there. I got one at Durrington/Worthing - there was no waiting list there. The travel was a faff (14 miles on the bus) but I went to college at Durrington so I was there every day anyway.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I live in Peacehaven, although have college at Worthing every tuesday, it takes me an hour to get there so a 2 hour round trip is abit much. I have tried the local councils round here, Kingston have 40 people waiting for 2 plots, and rottingdean, Peacehaven and Newhaven are around the same. Lewes will only rent to Lewes residents

I read in an allotment book that legally (from a law that came into place yonks ago) a council has to provide 15 plots per 1000 tax paying residents and must have no more than 6 people on a waiting list so they are obviously falling very foul of that.

Comment

TS - thats my neck of the woods! Were you at Ringmer Rd?

Comment

I live in Peacehaven, although have college at Worthing every tuesday, it takes me an hour to get there so a 2 hour round trip is abit much. I have tried the local councils round here, Kingston have 40 people waiting for 2 plots, and rottingdean, Peacehaven and Newhaven are around the same. Lewes will only rent to Lewes residents

I read in an allotment book that legally (from a law that came into place yonks ago) a council has to provide 15 plots per 1000 tax paying residents and must have no more than 6 people on a waiting list so they are obviously falling very foul of that.

thing is the land has to be available for them to buy, and sadly, with the pressure round here to build houses, homes have to come first.

but find six and approach them, other on here are doing it.
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X