No announcement yet.

One of my very own!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car was my shed on wheels until I was given a shed. The AA man was a little worried when he saw the axe in my boot when I had a puncture!! I still need to build compost bins but am using old black dustbins at the moment until I can find some pallets and get building.

Comment

Congratulations Tori on your new allotment plot! Glad to see that Christmas has come early for some!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thank you!!! I have been hatching plans all day. Can't wait
        Tori

Comment

Originally posted by Tori View Post
          I still fancy having a shed on site though. I am looking online for cheapest options!
          I have found, through experience, that very very few sheds come up on FreeCycle. Savvy people realise you can get money for sheds on eBay in almost any condition.

Your best bet is to put a Wanted ad in local shops. Many people aren't on the internet, esp. older people, who are quite likely to have an old shed in the back garden. They aren't motivated to get rid until someone asks for it... they think nobody will want that old thing.
          Honestly - my neighbour has got himself 2 free sheds and 2 free greenhouses through local Co-ops small ads.

If you spot an old shed in someone's garden .. pop a note through the letterbox. You never know! Be creative.
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 16-11-2008, 09:15 AM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Buy some Radox, small camping gaz stove and a good pair of leather gloves.

Congratulations and enjoy.
            I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Well done on getting an allotment. They are great fun - and you get to eat fantastic stuff too!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thank you for the ideas! Will pop a note up in the local shop.
                Tori

Comment

Get an old door (from a skip?) dig a shallow grave a bit smaller than the door , put in tarpaulin, put in tools, fold over tarps. put door on top. you might throw a few weeds on top to complete the camouflage if your worried.

Much cheaper and infact, more secure than a shed with a shiny new padlock. Possibly takes up less space than a shed on a 4 rod plot too.

Congratulations and best of luck with your new plot.

Comment

Congratulations! I got a really good quality 2nd hand shed off E-Bay and it was a bargain, so keep looking. And enjoy!

Comment

Thanks, I have me eyes peeled! ( what a horrible expression)
                      Tori

Comment

Congratualtions of the plot. Most important things are: a gas stove, a kettle, coffee, seat, pencil, paper, gloves, wellies, seed catalogue and a good allotmenterring book! Oh and a fork, big one and small one - you gotta get digging. I kid you not - your car will be messy no matter what, even when you do get a shed, it's part of the package, hehehe.
                        Enjoy it and stay in touch with the Vine.
                        http://growourown.blogspot.com/

Comment

OK UPDATE TIME:-

The allotment I was shown isn't the one I've got!! I've got one with a tumble down shed already on it!!! It needs a bit of patching up and it will be fine. OH is very pleased. the plot is also in a better position so I am really really pleased now!

Thank you for the list - I have my eye on a small camping stove on ebay!

Can't wait to get down there tomorrow x
                          Tori

Comment

Photos in the album on my page - if you're interested. x

What shall I plant in the beds I am going to dig tomorrow - onion sets and . . . . ?
                            Last edited by Tori; 22-11-2008, 04:30 PM. Reason: added more waffle
                            Tori

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X