No announcement yet.

Allotment Rents

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours is £30 a year for a full plot, and we have troughs all over the site that are mains fed. The annual increase is approximately 50p a year (£29.50 last year) and no vat
    "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

I pay £18 for a half plot, This was increased last year from £13, it was suggested at the AGM that rents were to go up by £3 but if we had a dry summer ( ha ha ) we would all have to pay extra towards the water rates, a vote was held and it was decided to put the rent up by £5 and we wouldnt need to pay any extra, as it turned out we had a very wet summer anyway. The next AGM will be held in the spring and this is when the rent will be disscussed, I doubt it will go up this time.
      No vat as far as I know.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

£30 pounds per plot, per year.
        No extras - no water, shop, toilet, equipment...
        Last rent increase 2 years ago, from £14 to £30
        Never heard VAT being mentioned

Comment

I paid £7.50 last year for my 1/2 plot with a nearby tap, this went up £2.50 from the year before. Haven't had a bill for this year yet, think its en route though.
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

thanks guys this is really helping me.
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Rent £33
              water £15
              good shop on site self supporting
              no leccy
              no vat either
              THAT'S FOR A 300SQYD PLOT
              Last edited by phil the shed; 20-01-2009, 12:52 PM.
              this will be a battle from the heart
              cymru am byth

Comment

Yearly rent - £8.15 (half plot approx 7m x 10m)
                Includes water, but if you want to use a hosepipe its an extra £10 per year.
                Also an extra £10 if you have a polytunnel or greenhouse.
                No VAT as far as i know.
                Site perks include portaloo, tea shed with kettle and sink (help yourself but donate something every so often) and garden supply store selling seeds, pots etc - its an extra £2 per year to use it.

Comment

£1 per Rod (£5 or £10) + £5 water per plotholder

Increased from 10p a rod !!!! last year

3 taps and beautiful view included.

Comment

How much is your rent on a yearly basis? £27

Do you have to pay an extra money for other services, such as water? Not that I know of but we do have a toilet, a room for meetings etc on our plots, not sure if an extra charge is applied for that.

How much do the council increase your rent on a yearly basis, if not yearly then when? Not had my allotment for very long so not sure sorry.

Anyone being charged vat? Not that I know of.

Comment

£40 squid for a 10 rod plot! I have two next to each other so that's 80 smackeroos a year.

In four years ours have doubled in price £20, £25,£30 and now £40. Site rent rise from council, water rates rise and extra insurance costs are to blame.
                      Hopefully plot rents will not need to rise again this year!
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

£11.75 increased from £10 last year to cover council providing liability insurance, for a half plot 5mx 8m water included which is a trough fed from mains. No VAT I believe.
                        Lumpyjumper

http://lumpyjumpers.blogspot.com

updated blog - 15 Dec 2009

Comment

£34.30 for a 150 square metre plot.
                          No services whatsoever - no insurance, muck, water, or even path strimming.
                          Paid in one dose, asked for just before Christmas, paid at the end of January (if I'm nice !) to cover November to November.
                          Increased from £18 last year, the intended increase was supposed to be to £50 but they have changed their minds. (Local council was £70m in red before the credit crunch began ! Supposedly, they aim to make £10 000 extra from the allotments in two years - we only have about 100 in Aberdeen.)
                          No mention of VAT on the invoice they send us. But given their track record with money, I expect that to be wrong !
                          I was under the impression that there was legislation, at least in Scotland, that the money must be asked for quarterly. Does anyone know for sure if this is so ? I know there is old legislation that says it, I just wonder if that has been superceded.
                          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

our rent is £75 plus £8 for water payable from 1st jan if you take on plot from 1stoct dont have to pay until ist jan so get 3 month free there called fallow months by our council, think they charge £30 to scrape of top weedy layer if you take on a new plot

Comment

my plots costs me £82 per year ! thats the rate for plots £8 of that is for water but that still makes it £75 but if you break it down weekly suppose not to bad but reading some of these posts makes me a bit yuck when other people paying £10 , how come some coucils can pull it off and others just go ott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello
                                my plot Is £29, this Is £6 a year water and £23 for the plot, mine Is a 10 rod site (Whatever that means) quite a good size for me
                                and I have a shed, a bit beaten up, but Its my shed!
                                Billy Bremner

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X