No announcement yet.

Water storage problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use big drums for water butts and they get that awful stringy weedy stuff in the one which hasn't a lid. I use a garden cane and twirl it (like the candy floss maker!!!!) to get it out. Has your container got a top on? If not, cover it once you have got the green stuff out. The scoop sounds like a good idea to me. Cheers.
    I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

At the risk of sounding thick, what does rofl and imao mean? I know lol means laugh out loud, but the others have me beat. (DOH!) Explanations please! Cheers.
      I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

imao: In My Arrogant Opinion
        rofl: Rolling On Floor Laughing
        Last edited by crichmond; 05-04-2009, 07:16 AM.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

its actually LMAO and it means laugh my ass off

if you have any tadpoles, they will love the green stuff .... just make sure you get them out when they turn into frogs
          Last edited by lynda66; 05-04-2009, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderling View Post
            At the risk of sounding thick, what does rofl and imao mean? I know lol means laugh out loud, but the others have me beat. (DOH!) Explanations please! Cheers.
            What does DOH! mean? Never mind...I'll ask Homer!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks everyone - for the advice re the gunge and also the abbreviations - I didnt know what they meant either! Thinking of ways to strain the gunge, thinking of different kitchen utensils I could use.
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

what cause's the green slime , as i have a massive 10,000 wather container the thing is massive and that is now half full but the water is clear and as of yet no green slime
                http://newplot.blogspot.com/

rain rain go away (2009)

rain rain rain (2010)

Comment

Usually the slime is caused by light getting to the water either as a result of the lid being left open or in the case of an ibc it being clear/opaque hence the light gets to the water and causes algea to grow, exactly the same as keeping a fish tank near a window and it going green and slimy.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Would Barley Straw do the trick? You use that in ponds to clear green water, so it might do the same for your tank. Stuff an old pair of tights with it - dangle it thorough the hole in the top & tie to something to stop it falling to the bottom - leave till whatever's in the straw has done it's stuff. Then just pull out the tights & discard.
                    You can usually get Barley straw from Farm shops, pet food places or even (at great expense) aquarium shops.
                    Many people have eaten in my kitchen & gone on to lead normal, healthy lives.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X