Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When can I put Toms outside?

Hi All,

I just wanted to know when I can boot my tomato plants outside because I am rapidly running out of windowsill room! Also if the tomato leaves around the bottom of the plant have gone a bit shrivelled up what does this mean? Are they too cold?

Thanks for your help.

Lisa B
    Gone veg crazy!

Can you put them out during the day then bring them in at night? You could just put them in a tray on the floor overnight rather than worrying about window sill space. There's still a risk of frost so it's still too risky unless you have a cold frame or green house.
    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Derbyshire eh???

Well in Cheshire we put them out mid May, but watch for the frost forecast and have loads of fleece to hand
      I'd say you'd be safe by the 1st week June for 24 hrs...if they are in pots then earlier- but you'll need a green house or garage for overnight if it's frosty!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Dont worry about the lower seed leaves going yellow and shrivelly just nip them off next to the stem it is fairly normal for them to do this and it doesnt harm the plant.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Tomatoes are not frost hardy LisaB - but you can put them outside during the day in decent weather and bring them in at night. That way you will free up your windowsill space as the tomatoes can just go on the floor at night.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Thank you all for your advice - I'd be lost without you

Lisa B
            Gone veg crazy!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X