Tesco's Butter beans!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
    They sound like my spagna bianco Snadger, they grow like runners but dont be tempted to eat them like that, they are as stringy as old boots. Grow them for the beans, they are gorgeous in taste and texture.
    I've grown butter beans before(not Tesco's though) They were very rampant with most of the beans being at the top of the plant and I did wonder if they could be used young as runners at a push.

Forewarned is for-armed in this case........thanks piglet!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I must admit i have done this with dried peas from the supermarket, worked a treat.

Comment

How interesting! must give it a try!
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I bought a soup mix from NYC and have put various beans in compost to germinate, the first ones up have been lentils. Worth a try.

Comment

Just direct sowed the remainder of the packet into the bean trench!

They appear to germinate very quickly so I have FOUR lots now..........the ones I sowed initially in modules which are a couple of inches high, some I sowed in large pots, some I soaked and put into compost yesterday and the ones I've direct sown into the soil today!

I LIKE butter beans me!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We have used Batchelors mushy peas for the past three years. The marrowfats taste completely different to the garden peas (which we also grow) and are delicious. I've posted on this before as I thought my husband was taking the mick again when he first said he was going to grow mushy peas. I ate my words along with the peas...... I hadn't thought of butter beans though...I might give that a go! Cheers.
              I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X