No announcement yet.

Rabbits or not Rabbits?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had pheasants in my garden this morning... want to do the dead on them too? but it would mean losing some beautiful plumage in the morning sun!

Comment

Free Pest control to allotments.

Hello people i might be the answer to your prays because the other hobby i do apart from allotments is Free pest control i am fully insured Basc member and use pre silenced air rifles perfect for shooting rabbits they are very quiet with a silencer and accurate with telescopic site on i have many years expierance shooting rabbits, before long they will be breeding so their will be young ones doing more damage to your veg.I am aged 40 and willing to travel up to 80 mile.

It would be a pleasure free of charge in return for shooting permission contact me on pk014i8385@blueyonder.co.uk .

Names Paul Kennedy

Comment

'll leave you the feathers Ali
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

for phesants make a cage out of chicken wire the same shape as a pollytunnel with a bottom on it it should be about 3ft long and 18" wide cut a hole in the front of it about 6" by 6" from the bottom in the centre then roll up some chicken wire to make a cone to fit the hole you have just made and taper to about 4" then insert it into the hole and stitch it in around the hole with wire then make a small door in the side of the cage which you can take the bird out of place it in the area intended put some old tree branches around it then sprinkle some corn in the trap then a little out side of the trap into the cone and im sure you will catch your bird

Comment

Originally posted by stevep
            for phesants make a cage out of chicken wire the same shape as a pollytunnel with a bottom on it it should be about 3ft long and 18" wide cut a hole in the front of it about 6" by 6" from the bottom in the centre then roll up some chicken wire to make a cone to fit the hole you have just made and taper to about 4" then insert it into the hole and stitch it in around the hole with wire then make a small door in the side of the cage which you can take the bird out of place it in the area intended put some old tree branches around it then sprinkle some corn in the trap then a little out side of the trap into the cone and im sure you will catch your bird
            make sure you check the trap twice a day this trap keeps the birds alive

Comment

I think these pheasants can read messageboards. I now have a harem of pheasants - not in the allotment but in my garden. Mr P and his 4 wives. Mr P comes right up to the kitchen door to eat my bird scraps... he's too beautiful to eat!

Comment

watch that bird flue

their spread far and wide now cos shooting season over thats why they coming to you for food.Game keeper will have stopped feeding em.

There very nice you knoe roasted

Comment

Ali

4 Wabbits. I personally (soory about this) would shoot the little blighters! However, failing this option, either get someone to bring a ferret (yes, a ferret) and get it to spray everywhere. Failing that, ask anyone who keeps ferrets to give you a bag of the cage sweepings and scatter that about! I've tried it and it works, beleive me!

Zebedee
                  "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

interesting to see this thread come up again after such a long time!!

I have since heard that if you cut some old hosepipe into 3-4 ft lengths (needs to be the yellow I think) and paint on eyes and a red mouth and leave several of them around the allotment, and keep moving them each time you visit, then the bunnies think they are snakes and keep away. I have never tried this myself, but will give it a try if I can get hold of some old hosepipe.
                    We buried the last of our pet bunnies( Tiffy) a couple of days ago- aged 9 ...the last of many we used for breeding (over 15 years )so can't try it out on her. My daughter's pet house rabbit wouldn't know an enemy if it ate him...bounds around ignoring the cats!! So he's not much cop either!
                    If anyone does try this out, I'd be interested in the results.
                    Like the idea of ferrett pooh and pee though! Will hunt some out! Good idea!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have read this thread with interest and found no mention of magpies doing damage!
                      I too, found a lot of my broad beans on the surface and had no idea what had caused it
                      I was informed by my allotment neighbour that he had seen Magpies in the area of the broad beans and he had also witnessed them pecking the growing tips out of the runner beans.

As a Geordie I should be a kndred spirit with the Magpies but in this instance these colourful birds are a down right pest!!!

P.S. Must be Mackem Magpies
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X