No announcement yet.

Allotment neighbour snooping on my plot

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would go straight up to them and tell them what you have seen and that you wont tolerate it. I think it is shocking that this goes on it is actual theft. Would they do this in a supermarket or shop?

Comment

our rules state quite clearly,that no one is to go on another plot without the plot holders permission,and as for helping yourself,that IS stealing in any language,i would have a read of your rule book,if you have one,and definatley have a quiet word in the commitees ear.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Goodness, that makes me so angry just reading it! Some people have a right nerve.

Electric fences! Barbed wire! Shotgun (I liked that one..)!

ETA: Sorry, now I'm snooping. I don't have an allotment (very very VERY tempted to get one though..) and here I am..
        Last edited by Sonata; 29-05-2009, 08:11 AM.
        Singleton Allotments Society
        Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

Our site's tiny, we've got one guy that is reclusive but other than that the rest of us have all admitted in discussion that we like to see each other's plots just to see what's what and get ideas - we have all freely said we don't mind visitors even when we are absent. At times, it comes in handy when something is wrong, whoever spots it phones the owners or does something about it e.g. blight. We will sometimes let it be known that anyone who wants that extra ton of kale is welcome to it, etc, and often get something in return.
          But never, ever, would any of us dream of taking someone else's produce without an invitation. If you want it that much - there's your ground over there, go grow some ! I'd ask for what they are going to give in return.
          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

Originally posted by blackcatlois View Post

Should I contact the allotment committee?
            Definitely!! (And some land mines might help as well.)
            Gardening is a matter of your enthusiasm holding up until your back gets used to it.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I did try phoning my allotment representative, but he was away for the bank hol weekend I think - since then I have calmed down a bit, though still can't believe his cheek - however, I think he has been keeping a low profile as I haven't seen him on the allotments (not even his own) since the incident - maybe he's now just too embarrassed to come down. If there is any trouble from him as a result of this, i.e. he's nasty to me when he nexts comes down (because I shouted at him), then I will definitely try my rep again.... meanwhile, I'm hoping he's maybe just learned his lesson, from the shock of being caught red handed!

Comment

I think you're probably safe now. He could well have been doing this sort of thing for years, imagine his shock! You probably haven't seen him since because he's on the local cardiac ward! Serves him right.
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Its ok joking about this and i appreciate its quite amusing, Reality is he is stealing from you. I personally would get a pic next time and send it to local paper. Name and shame him

Comment

find out where his plot is and go eat his radishes.....All of them

Comment

Actually there's now been a development. I'm the site rep now so I don't think I'll be having any more trouble off him

Comment

Actually there's now been a development. I'm the site rep now so I don't think I'll be having any more trouble off him
                        Excellent - well done!

Comment

So now YOU'll be snooping on everyone elses plot! Only joking, but thats one of the reasons I packed in as allotment Secretary! I was given the impression that if I walked along our allotments central road quite a few plotholder thought I was checking up on them.

Life's too short thinks I, so I chucked it!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yeah, life's too short Snadger. I used to be the type to get involved in everything, change the world kind of attitude, but now I just want to do my thing and be left alone
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X