Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beanz, beanz they make you..........

WONDER!!!!!!

I have a hankering for growing various beans (not the pods) but they have to be CLIMBING beans. I have climbing Borlotti, Runner beans, French beans (Blue lake) and butter beans. Anyone know of any other climbing bean worth growing just for the fresh or dried bean harvest?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

I've got some Canellini beans (white seeds) that I got off PW, and some 'True Cranberry Pole Beans' (Red seeds) which are both grown for the beans. Can send you some if you like Snadge?

Comment

I've just locked up and my stash is in the garden room....but Cherokee Trail of Tears is one, and I've got others. Would you like a selection sent over? Some might have only 1 or 2 left as alot are sown but you could get some beans for eating and next year's planting out of them.

Comment

What about peabeans, very pretty dual coloured beans and I'm trying Czar runner beans for white butterbeans this year.
        And you could always add climbing peas like Alderman to your list?
        Sue

Comment

Originally posted by Sue View Post
          .......................And you could always add climbing peas like Alderman to your list?
          Sue
          I only grow tall peas like Alderman. I've got Ne Plus Ultra and Purple podded. I gave all my Alderman seeds away this year as someone on the lottie said they couldn't find tall peas and I had enough already!
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I've just locked up and my stash is in the garden room....but Cherokee Trail of Tears is one, and I've got others. Would you like a selection sent over? Some might have only 1 or 2 left as alot are sown but you could get some beans for eating and next year's planting out of them.
            Goodness gracious........two mods throwing beans at me! Thanks to both Zazen and Sarz...........I'll PM you both!!!!!!!!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have Carminat climbing French beans spare- they are purple , 25cm long and stringless ,and grow 90cm high.
              Plenty to spare if you'd like a few popped in the post???
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I have Carminat climbing French beans spare- they are purple , 25cm long and stringless ,and grow 90cm high.
                Plenty to spare if you'd like a few popped in the post???
                Thanks very much Nicos but I'm really looking for something a bit taller to grow up my 8 foot bean poles!
                Running out of room horizontally so have to make a quest for the heights!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If you still have a little room...

Can add Bird's Egg climbing beans to your stash and/or purple giant, Snadge, should you fancy them - both went bloody mad at the Hill last year (a good 8' tall each) and gave oodles of beans for drying. Both v. tasty, and the bird's egg is a pretty speckly one too.

PM me your addy if you're interested and I'll pop 'em in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                    Can add Bird's Egg climbing beans to your stash and/or purple giant, Snadge, should you fancy them - both went bloody mad at the Hill last year (a good 8' tall each) and gave oodles of beans for drying. Both v. tasty, and the bird's egg is a pretty speckly one too.

PM me your addy if you're interested and I'll pop 'em in the post.
                    Wow Hazel!!!!!! Thanks for that. I'll PM you my address (I'll have more beanz than heinz at this rate) Cheers

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                      Thanks very much Nicos but I'm really looking for something a bit taller to grow up my 8 foot bean poles!
                      MMMMmm..I've put up 8 ft bean poles too!!...perhaps I should have read the packet first!!!!

no prob
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well I'm a bit late on here - I think everything I have to offer has already been offered! I can echo Cherokee as a brilliant fresh bean and Bird's Egg is a great shelly bean - eat like a borlotti.
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X