No announcement yet.

marestail warfare

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now have two lasagne beds I started as an experiment when I got my allotment in september,am trying an anglisised version of three sisters on them.
    marestail for height with convulvulous growing up it and couch grass for ground cover.
    glycophosphate doesn't touch the marestail and I have been pulling and hoeing the stuff out for 10 weeks ,it seems reduced in the spud beds but not where the brassicas are despite a heavy liming last autumn
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      What, buttercup?
      I don't get it in my beds, I get it on the bark paths - I'm not liming my paths, lol
      Thats fair enough, but why not put a membrane beneath the bark. That should stop the buttercups coming through shouldn't it?

On the other hand, maybe because its on the paths and not in the beds your not that bothered about it. As long as you lime your beds it I'd have thought it would stay clear of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamo View Post
        Thats fair enough, but why not put a membrane beneath the bark....maybe .... your not that bothered about it.
        No, I'm not that bothered. It would involved a lot of expense, and a lot of digging up of paths.
        I was simply making the point that buttercup likes acidic soil (bark is acidic) and doesn't like dry alkaline soil (my beds).
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X