Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse on an Allotment?

Good evening all,

I was just wondering if anyone has greenhouses on their allotments? If yes do other people mind?
    I hate slugs!!

We don't but alot of my neighbours do. Nobody minds, except extreme jealousy of course. We don't have water at all so us having one is still on the back burner.

Comment

We're allowed both a shed and greenhouse on a full plot, or only one of them if you have a half plot. Check with your site admin, they should be able to tell you whether there are any rules allowing or banning them. Have to say with 2 greenhouses on the plots and another in the back yard we still struggle to get everything in, hence we also use a walk in plastic tent type on the plot too!
      Blessings
      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

I would think about how much vandalism there is on your plot before I put one up.

One bloke on our plot has a metal exo-sceleton on his greenhouse covered in mesh..to stop the stones.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Originally posted by NOG View Post
          I would think about how much vandalism there is on your plot before I put one up.

One bloke on our plot has a metal exo-sceleton on his greenhouse covered in mesh..to stop the stones.
          Didnt think of that, but our plot is on private land under the landshare scheme. Fingers crossed it will be ok. Will think about the mesh too though.
          I hate slugs!!

Comment

Allotments near me had three greenhouses dismantled and the aluminum stolen overnight. A few others were tampered with.

Presumably you can't insure against this?
            Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
            Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

My neighbour has 3 greenhouses and 2 sheds on her plot. Thing is, you need to go there every day to water things. If you don't, everything dies
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                My neighbour has 3 greenhouses and 2 sheds on her plot. Thing is, you need to go there every day to water things. If you don't, everything dies
                Yeah I did think of that, luckily our plot is no more than 5mins in the car. Its also on my way home from work!
                I hate slugs!!

Comment

We are allowed greenhouses and sheds on our site, some have two greenhouses and a shed even on a small plot, I would love one but would have to put it at the oposite end to my shed to be in the sun, and I dont want to put one there, its the wrong end if you get my drift.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by teamladd View Post
                    luckily our plot is no more than 5mins in the car.
                    you could cycle then?
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Loads of people have greenhouses at my site, the chap to my right has two and is on the look out for a third! We're lucky to be in a quiet village where vandalism is pretty much unheard of though.
                      Last edited by Noodles; 30-06-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        you could cycle then?
                        Im planning on using my battery powered Sinclair C5 to get there when my fiance doesnt come with me! Anyone remember the good old C5?
                        I hate slugs!!

Comment

Originally posted by teamladd View Post
                          Im planning on using my battery powered Sinclair C5 to get there when my fiance doesnt come with me! Anyone remember the good old C5?
                          So you don't plan on making too many trips then,

....you have written out your will

Comment

My thoughts are that going to a greenhouse to water everyday is a real pain... and if you're doing that you might as well have a few chooks there too.
                            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Pies View Post
                              So you don't plan on making too many trips then,

....you have written out your will
                              Hey mine works fine thank you, has been modified to go 30mph and is bright yellow. It was my inspiration for my 3rd Year Final major project at uni.

I love it.
                              I hate slugs!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X