Greenhouse on an Allotment?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamladd View Post
    Im planning on using my battery powered Sinclair C5 to get there when my fiance doesnt come with me! Anyone remember the good old C5?
    Collectors item by now! If you've got one it should be worth a bit. I think Sinclair apart from making the Sinclair Spectrum computer also made a battery assisted bike?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I've got three greenhouses, three huts and a hexagonal chicken coop on my two allotments!
      As has been mentioned, it can be very tying, but I have to visit my allotment at least once a day (for chook eggs) usually by car but sometimes by bike when I can be bothered to take my life into my own hands!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Collectors item by now! If you've got one it should be worth a bit. I think Sinclair apart from making the Sinclair Spectrum computer also made a battery assisted bike?
        Wanna sell it? Yeah Sinclair made a battery powered bike. I was lucky enough to be able to interview him.
        I hate slugs!!

Comment

I've got three greenhouses, three huts and a hexagonal chicken coop on my two allotments!
          As has been mentioned, it can be very tying, but I have to visit my allotment at least once a day (for chook eggs) usually by car but sometimes by bike when I can be bothered to take my life into my own hands!
          Perhaps ill leave the greenhouse at home then. I could build some cold frames or something for up the allotment. We shall see. Im going to start making a plan this week hopefully.
          I hate slugs!!

Comment

I have my GH at home and take the stuff up to the plot when its time to plant it out.
            My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

/\

That's what I do too, my allotment isn't close by enough for me to get to and water every day

Comment

We are on a private site and are allowed as many structures( as long as we get permission, which is not a prob) as we like.

On my 2 plots(only had them 4 months) we have just completed out 1st greenhouse, its around 4*4meters, the first 2ft is brick foundations, and then the rest is wooden structure. Next up is a fully brick tool shed. Then a wooden potting shed, chicken coop. and possibly a polytunell.

Comment

On our private site we allow one greenhouse and one shed per plot both 8x6 ft or half that for half plots, though we are quite easygoing so as long as the max ground area of sheds/greenhouses is 8x 12 or less they can use it as they wish, also a chicken coop is allowed up to 15 chicks on a full plot 7 on a half plot.
                  Jane
                  www.cornwallallotments.com

Comment

Hi,

We have 1 6x6 at the moment, with the bare frames of an 8x8 to go on at the end of summer. We are quite fortunate being at the back of the plot, and it was the fab supervisor who told us about this 8x8 that we could go and pick up and put on.

About watering a greenhouse , we have found this summer that if you get the ceramic attachments (look like long probes) that fit to a lemonade/coke bottle that you can go down every 2-3 days

We have 4 of these per 6ft bed, thats about 10l of water just trickling into the bed. It has done around 10 tomatoe plants well over this summer and they have grown like monsters. Also allows to put feed in as well at.

We'll be doing the same for our 8x8 greenhouse!

Thanks
                    Dave
                    Just an Office Guy trying to grow own food

http://www.allotment13.blogspot.com/

Comment

I wonder what that makes us!! We have the Spectrum (and games) and also the Sinclair Zeta which fitted to my rear bike wheel in the good old days. Ah well, memories eh!!
                      Last edited by Sanjo; 03-07-2009, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X