Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment In Allotment Sites

Hello,

Does anyone know if Allotment Sites can be purchased or can it be possible to convert farm sites and other areas of land in to an Allotment Site. Is this allowed and is there a good return for investment in the long term by doing this.

Any advise on this issue would be appreicated.

thanks
    S.L

Look up the ARI, Allotments Regeneration Initiative.
    Always thank people who have helped you immediately, as they may not be around to thank later.
    Visit my blog at http://podsplot.blogspot.com/ - Updated 18th October 2009
    I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/

Comment

You would hardly make a fortune as the rents per plot are so low. I assume you are thinking of setting up your own allotment site? The only way I can see you making a good return is if the land was bought for development.
      [

Comment

Originally posted by Lesley Jay View Post
        You would hardly make a fortune as the rents per plot are so low. I assume you are thinking of setting up your own allotment site? The only way I can see you making a good return is if the land was bought for development.
        ANd then you may well end up with a long drawn out legal battle so it still might not be a good idea
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

I can't see how you could make anything out of it. People can get allotments from the council for £27 a year and expect to get quite a lot thrown in. You'd be subsidising your allotment holders big time.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

We pay just £12/yr and It's a private allotment.

Comment

How the price varies? We pay £27 a year but nearer London they can be double that I believe.
              A year ago Lotties couldn't be given away and now they are so difficult to get hold of!! We wanted a second one because we keep running out of room.

Comment

hi, I've got an allotment near London and a full plot is £62 pounds a year-still seems like a bargain!. We've got good water supplies but they're not cleared for you or anything. You only pay half if you're a pensioner though..

Comment

Unless you are like Jed Clampett and strike oil!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Contact a local farmer their all looking for other uses for there farm land that makes money they might be able to find out if it possible or it may be classed as change of use and need planning permission but it will do you both a favour good luck

Comment

another thought if its not possible knowing a local farmer is handy for when you get a lottie cheap muck!!

Comment

mine is 40 pound a year and comes with nothing. and i'm up north.!
                        Yo an' Bob
                        Walk lightly on the earth
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can
                        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by raine View Post
                          hi, I've got an allotment near London and a full plot is £62 pounds a year-still seems like a bargain!. We've got good water supplies but they're not cleared for you or anything. You only pay half if you're a pensioner though..
                          Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                          mine is 40 pound a year and comes with nothing. and i'm up north.!
                          I just hope our treasurer doesn't see this
                          ntg
                          Never be afraid to try something new.
                          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                          ==================================================

Comment

Ours is £42 a year, plus £5 subs, we have water on every 5th plot, a 'cabin' with loos, the road around the plots gets cut 5 times a year and we get free bark mulch, other than that its left up to you to do!
                            Blessings
                            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Crickey we pay £16 which includes water but you can pay an extra £8 to use a hose. Plenty of standpipes, concreted roads and free bark chippings and leaf mould.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X