Very sad news - advice please

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alison View Post
    As others have said, it's a lovely thing to do but I wouldn't contact the council, you never know what their reaction would be.
    I was about to say this. The last thing he needs is a notice to quit because they have a waiting list. Send the card and the phone number and keep on top of things for him.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I've sent a card this morning. I'll keep things tidy etc and will drop off some fruit and veg at the house in a few weeks' time if I don't hear anything. A friend of mine lives next door to the couple so it will be a bit easier to keep in touch or pass a message on without feeling like I'm intruding.

Julie.
      Julie

Comment

Well done jaykay. What a lovely neighbour you are. Keep up the good work.
        It is good deeds like this that bring communities together.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

I would go with the card and then take a box of the produce round and knok on the door and ask if he wants it or does he want you to give it to a needy OAP or family.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

went though such an event not long ago. it is a very difficult situation as he may think your on the cadge. drop the card by all means but don't stop to chat. leaving a box of produce could induce more hurt to him. I left it go and went to the funeral as we were all told when and where. as for the produce on her plot, pick it, she sounds like the sort who would be dissapointed if you didn't. if anyone says anything you are picking for him. it does sound like it was her domain and he may give it up. really all you can do is be there and help if requested to by him. good luck with a difficult dilemma.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X