Shed/Greenhouse placement

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed/Greenhouse placement

I’d like to have both a shed and a greenhouse – eventually.

My plot runs roughly NW-SE, so it’s practically South-facing and effectively gets sun most of the day. The sun rises near the 'bottom right-hand corner' of the plot and passed overhead, setting on the 'left'.

They’d probably need to be side by side to fit in with things like the established raspberry patch etc (ie one would have to be to the East of the other.) So the question is, which would be better placed to the ‘right’/East? Would it be the shed to provide a bit of shade for the greenhouse, or the greenhouse so it gets loads of light? Or doesn’t it matter?

The greenhouse needs maximum light, but you will still need to provide shading (paint or nets) in the summer.

I put my shed on the worst bit of land ... the patch that isn't any good for growing veggies
    Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-08-2009, 01:08 PM.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      The greenhouse needs more light, but you will still need to provide shading (paint or nets) in the summer.

I put my shed on the worst bit of land ... the patch that isn't any good for growing veggies
      Coo - that was quick! Thanks, TS.

Part of the reason for putting both where I'm thinking of is that that is the worst bit of land - there's been something concreted in at some time.

Sounds like the greenhouse should be to the east to catch the morning sun, as the sun sets behind a rather large sycamore. (And that sounds as if it might be fun every autumn/spring! )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X