starting an allotment Society south east

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting an allotment Society south east

Can anyone help me on this please . Heres it in a nut shell .. the Council have started a new allotment ( 20 plots ) They have said we should start a society , None of us know anything about this >.< Do we start one up from scratch ? if so any help/info would be great OR do we join The National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners, NSALG, Allotments, protect, promote, preserve, grow your own ... And if so is there more then nsalg to choose from ? I think the Council wants us to join so we can try and get grants for water butts ,inside fencing that kinda stuff .

Thanks in advance

david
    Last edited by davefromthechipie; 04-09-2009, 01:20 PM.
    Blog

Hythe kent allotments

To start a society you need a chairman and treasurer/secretary and must hold an AGM....simples.

I think you must have a certain amount of members for nlsag ...their site'll tell you. There is another association that someone was touting on here. You could scroll back or search under 'public liability insurance' if I recall.

We don't have an assoc. Enough meetings and commitees already anyhow my autocratic management style doesn't allow for negotiation!!! I do see some grants etc out there and it will possibly be easier a soc.

Comment

This was her I think...still prob stick to NSALG if it was me ...but do investigate.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...caa_14188.html

Comment

thanks paulottie I will ring NSALG them to find out if its worth joining ,then put it to the other allotment tenants ,Cant be dealing with all that chairman /AGM stuff :F just want to grow veg at the end of the day.
        Blog

Hythe kent allotments

Comment

Hi Dave,

PM sent
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X