Scarecrows!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarecrows!

I know this may sound a bit odd, but don't most of my questions! How do you make a scarecrow? I know I've got to clear my lottie first, but thought I would ask the question! Dexterdog
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

oooh oooh this is fun.
    broom handles old clothes foot balls ect. and an empty tin can open both sides with some waxed string stretched between to make a noise, and some straw to stuff it.
    Yo an' Bob
    Walk lightly on the earth
    take only what you need
    give all you can
    and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

the concensus on our lotties is to collect all the cds that your sprogs don't want and string them around.
      They reflect the light and if close together can make a noise to frighten birds off. Didn't try it last year, but have a large collection of cds ready to go now (messed up writing to cd with photoshop!)

Comment

I did the CDs year before last and unfortunately they got so tied up with the string, they were not very effective. And then I saw a starling sitting on them!
        ~
        Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
        ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

perhaps I wont bother then! Anyone want loads of useless cds?

Comment

It might not be so windy in Loughborough!
            ~
            Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
            ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Judging by today, I bet it is! I was nearly blown off my feet going to the market today. It was a strong NorthWesterly too.
              How have you been coping with the weather up there?

Comment

I,ll send you a photograph of my Mother in law, Just blow it up to A4 and stcik it up on a post.
                Benacer
                http://lowestoftnaturalist-benacre.blogspot.com/

Comment

Benacre! Your poor Mother In Law!!
                  [

Comment

Originally posted by Benacre View Post
                    I,ll send you a photograph of my Mother in law, Just blow it up to A4 and stcik it up on a post.
                    Benacer
                    Now, that wasn't nice! Dexterdog
                    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Tee Hee Miserable old Cow she is!
                      http://lowestoftnaturalist-benacre.blogspot.com/

Comment

Benacre you can't say that!!
                        [

Comment

Originally posted by Benacre View Post
                          Benacer
                          Poor post!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by yoanbob View Post
                            oooh oooh this is fun.
                            broom handles old clothes foot balls ect. and an empty tin can open both sides with some waxed string stretched between to make a noise, and some straw to stuff it.
                            Hello YB! Don't mean to be thick (but I am) can you give me more detailled instructions?! Dexterdog PS Could I use a spade/fork as a main stickthing?
                            Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Has anyone thought about using old video tape as a bird scarer? Rip it out of the cassette and tie strips of about 3' length to a piece of string suspended above your veg, the tape is metallic, so makes a bit of noise in the wind, and is also reflective, so the reflections also scare the birds! I've no experience of whether it works, but it was on one of the DVD's we got in my MOM pack, and seems like a simple but effective way of doing it, what do our fellow grapes think?
                              Blessings
                              Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                              Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                              Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                              On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X