No announcement yet.

Eek...Do I take it or not???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you have made a very wise decision to become a new lottie holder. Congratulations
    If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

Hey there everyone

Thanks for all the great advice; I have called the council today, agreed to the tenancy and I am now the official owner of plot 11a It is my very own naked plot as it consists of mud, a tap and a water trough but it's all mine...weeding here I come!!!

Here it is in its infancy...hope you like it
      Attached Files
      RtB x

Comment

It looks brill!

The fact it's in the shade a bit at he moment doesn't reflect the growing months when the sun will be higher- it'll be fine!

Ermmm....ploughed???

OK- so set to getting out all the chopped up bits of stuff whilst it's still pretty soft- you'll save hours and hours of future weeding

Enjoy!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by RobintheBobin View Post
          ..... and humusy..
          I'm loving that word

You've been well dealt with above - but for my late 2d - I would have taken the one that is 1½ miles away (mine is 3 minles away) and plant self-managing stuff (no, not concrete or decking!) on it.

Also as is said above, you could have a very long wait for the closer plot to come up.

Enjoy
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Ermmm....ploughed???

OK- so set to getting out all the chopped up bits of stuff whilst it's still pretty soft- you'll save hours and hours of future weeding

Enjoy!!!
            Great advice - I tried to look beyond all the chopped up weeds but I couldn't so this Saturday its me on my knees, a flask of coffee and several trugs.

Tee hee...can't help just chuckling away at myself and smiling insanely - it's mine, it's mine hee hee hee hee! I even have put a photo on my noticeboard at work
            RtB x

Comment

I was exactly the same way when I got my half plot!
              I'm not TOO far off the plot looking like that either. Just 1/4 to go (mainly docks) and I'll be there!

Comment

well done robinthebobin,all the best with it,it's a great feeling,like you won the lotterie,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Tee hee...can't help just chuckling away at myself and smiling insanely - it's mine, it's mine hee hee hee hee! I even have put a photo on my noticeboard at work

OH dear...another one hooked already!!!!

Comment

Deep but true Snadger I'm already thinking that for a grand sum of nineteen quid a year what's there not to take and then I've started to look at green manures and then I thought that the neighbour's plots aren't so perfect I'd feel inadequate and then I felt I could grow proper dahlias in one little bit so I don't have scraggly ones at home and then I had visions of cabbages, courgettes, pumpkins, sweetcorn....all the things I can't squeeze in at home and...BREATHE!!!!!!!

Oh yeah and darling husband has volunteered to help and I would also have a brand new neighbour starting as well so we would be newbies together....

..oh, have I just convinced myself?????
                    Gosh - I'm glad I don't live in your neck of the woods! Nineteen quid for a half plot is a lot of money - I'm only paying seven pounds a year for mine here in sunny Wales.
                    Am I lucky or what. Sorry, I don't mean to brag, I wish you every success with the new lottie.
                    Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Try £30 for a half plot.
                      I'm sure mine's not the most expensive either!

Comment

Sorry to spoil your party but by the look of it your plot has not been ploughed but rotovated good job done though .
                        It looks to me that there is a lot of wild life just look at the foot prints all over the patch foxe's or dogs .
                        Congratulations on getting a plot though just look after it the soil looks a nice colour....jacob
                        What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                          Sorry to spoil your party but by the look of it your plot has not been ploughed but rotovated good job done though .
                          It looks to me that there is a lot of wild life just look at the foot prints all over the patch foxe's or dogs .
                          Congratulations on getting a plot though just look after it the soil looks a nice colour....jacob
                          "You say rotovating, I say ploughing, lets call the whole thing off la la la la la la la laaaaaaa" or not as the case may be cos I'm still in lottie heaven I didn't get a choice in whether or not it was tackled with a sharp blade or two as the council did it automatically before they notified the peeps on the waiting list. I'm not sure what I'm going to find but I've already spotted plenty of roots and things...I think I'm going to need two flasks of coffee (already been told about the onsite toilets - handy ) and a hot bath on Saturday evening!

I noticed what looked like plenty of foxy footprints...was wondering if there is a den in the trees or the wooded area beyond as I have spotted fox poo on the path...hmmm, a positive plethora of wildlife...or just foxes!
                          RtB x

Comment

This is going to be a fab Autumn / Winter project for you - I'm jealous now! I love the lottie on a cold morning after a bit of work and a nice flask full of hot coffee (with additions) - and as for wildlife -take your camera - I'm thinking tracks in the snow and fleeting glimpses of the foxes (I get this too). (Fox poo is very pale compared to dog poo in case you were remotely interested btw)
                            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Well Robinthebobin you have a good start it is there waiting to be planted onions garlic spring cabbage and broad beans theres a start for you .
                              You do not have to do any digging just raking what a start good luck....jacob
                              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I noticed what looked like plenty of foxy footprints...was wondering if there is a den in the trees or the wooded area beyond as I have spotted fox poo on the path...hmmm, a positive plethora of wildlife...or just foxes!
                                Well- with lots of foxes, you'll probably find you'll not be over run with bunnies munching your crops! A definite bonus!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X