Lottery grants

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery grants

Has anybody here as part of an allotment association experienced getting any grants? A friend of mine in Hartlepool says he went to the lottery fund and they gave him money for a new computer (that has never been used incidentally) and a few other things that improved their site. I have also heard of other associations getting CCTV in to help prevent people from wrecking or stealing from allotments.

Our allotments need some new fences so I spoke to the secretary for the first time since I got my lottie back in the spring about applying to the lottery fund to see what could be obtained, but all he seemed to want to do was badger the brewery who own the pub that ajoins the site hoping that they'll put up the money for the fence that goes between us and them (I really can't see that happening), and then he went on about how he has a disabled daughter and how she could perhaps benefit from a grant, but no more word from him about him applying to the lottery fund about our fences.

The next AGM isn't until the spring so I intend to bide my time till then and bring it up at the meeting for everyone to hear my suggestions.

Hope this helps, just google "Lotterygrants for allotments".....simples...

http://www.farmgarden.org.uk/ari/doc...%20schemes.pdf
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thanks for that Bigmally. I'll print out that info and use it at the next meeting.

I'd still like to hear from anyone who has applied for lottery grants though, whether or not they were successful.

Comment

Hi there!

I've also been looking at grants as we could desperately do with a new gate (and lots of other things....) and I've come across this site: Awards For All, Lottery grants and funding for projects in the UK

Would be good to hear how you are getting on as I will be tackling the form over the next couple of weeks.
        Life's not always a party - but now that we're here, we might as well dance!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X