No announcement yet.

I'm in shock

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outstanding the school my wife works at has a waiting list for gardening club,but all the veg and fruit is shared out or used in the canteen.
    just imagine though misbehave and you're BANNED from weeding for a week
    don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
    remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I volunteered to help our local junior school so had 'helpers' helping me to sow and they would look after the greenhouse on a daily basis. I did try to tell them that the seedlings didn't need watering everyday, honestly I did but I came back from a week away to find the poor plants looking the worse for ...not wear but too much care.

We had to start from scratch again - how do you explain to overeager kids that plants don't swim?

Comment

Thanks for the support guys (n gals of course)
        At the moment it is literally a grass area, so will give me the chance to do a start from scratch diary. Woohoo. Even if the school handyman is doing most of it.
        In answer to the qs
        Yes theres access at all times, theres a seperate gate..with keys I think. And car parking space. I can come and go as and when I please, think I'm going to be very embaressed at first, but they'll just have to get used to me. It means that theres someone to look after everything in the hols
        Yes I have to be CRB checked..oooo, scary? I cant help looking at them funny..its the way my face is made
        I love kids..fried, baked, boiled in oil..seriously i worked at a stables for a while and was told I was good with kids. I love explaining and showing them how to do stuff, but turn into a dragon if they mess around too much. I'm a good Aunty so should be fine, especially as I wont have to take them home
        And I was told the produce is for me..the schools small so doesn't have a kitchen, but I reckon that the tasting is part of growing stuff so we'll have to see.
        Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

Plenty of stuff kids can eat straight from the plant, peas, stawbs, mange tout etc
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by its hilly View Post
            And I was told the produce is for me...
            That can't be right, some must be for the kids even if you have to sell it to 'em........
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

For the main harvesting season (mid July to September) the schools are closed anyway.

Comment

CRB check's no problem (unless you ARE up to no good, of course!). I've had lots, for school, for an after-school club here in the village after I retired, strangely, even for a club I was treasurer for even though I never went to the place or met the children!

You'll have loads fo fun! Best of luck.
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I work for schools but not in them during school hours and still had to be crb checked. Not a problem unless like Flum said you are a secret baddie
                  WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

love kids..fried, baked, boiled in oil..

and you're gonna be CRB checked
                    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X