I Have An Allotment :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have An Allotment :)

After contacting the allocations officer in March I went to see some plots on Saturday and agreed which one I wanted

I knew that all the plots were overgrown which is why I was able to get one without going on the waiting list for a cleared plot. The one I've picked is overgrown with grass where as the other plots were seriously overgrow with brambles.

I'll be going along on Saturday to pay my fees, pick up the key, take some photos of it's current condition and then start on my plan of attack.

Steady now - not all at once!

Best of luck - it's a great feeling isn't it?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
      Steady now - not all at once!
      It will be a steady process, at the moment my hope it to have some of it fully cleared and ready by late summer. Of course that depends as well on what the soil is like under the grass/weeds.

Comment

Congrat!!! Weeds just started to grow so you should have time to clear some space for summer and winter crop if you act quick. I got my overgrown plot in June the last year and it was too late to clear the site for the winter crop. The coming 2 months are critical maybe ask some friends to help to clear site at least control weeds.

Good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X