Warning letter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiwirach View Post
    i got one last week as well....I just decided to knuckle down and get it sorted as i'm not giving it up.
    That's the spirit
    Would you have knuckled down so hard if it had been a friendlier, chattier letter though? Just wondering
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      That's the spirit
      Would you have knuckled down so hard if it had been a friendlier, chattier letter though? Just wondering
      yes, because i dont want to give up my plot and it wouldnt have been quite so untidy if i hadnt had to give up time to find somewhere to live....i'm holding onto it for dear life!!.
      the only way they will get it back is when i hand in the keys when i hand in my boarding pass out of the country....till then its mine, all mine....
      Finding Home

Comment

I do see the other side of the coin, and yes, I had let a lot of weeds grow over the past 3 or 4 weeks due to working away from home a lot and not having much time.

I do feel however that the general tone of the letter could be improved on, maybe leaving out the bit about the Oxford Dictionary definition, I'm not stupid (have a degree) and kind of felt I was being talked down to. Allotments are supposed to be friendly places, it doesn't take much effort to very slightly reword standard letters, so they don't come across as being condescending.

I had to bite my lip when I went to collect the key, the committee member had weeds knee high in their front garden :-)

Comment

Friendly? (Urrrm) - I'd chose the words dictatorial, power mad and community politics from my experience - and to describe me - staying well out of it in my own little, happy la la world!
          'May your cattle never wander and your crops never fail'

Comment

SimonA, may I respectfully suggest that it is high time the allotment committee had some lovely people like yourself as a member?
            Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonA View Post
              I do feel however that the general tone of the letter could be improved on
              Yes it could: perhaps you could offer up an example to the committee?

Originally posted by mogs View Post
              I'd chose the words dictatorial, power mad and community politics from my experience
              You are so right! Allotmenteers aren't always the greatest diplomats or writers, and you tend to get the ones on a power trip elected to the committee, because nobody sensible wants the grief.
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X