Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue water barrels

Hi,

I really want to get several water butts as I have a polytunnel, but our lottie water supply is turned off Oct - April.

As I'm a skinflint, I'm not keen on paying over the odds, and want to find some of those blue barrels that have previously been used; cheaper and more plentiful!

I've found a source on ebay, but delivery bumps the price up.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some of these in abundance and cheaply?

Ta!

Hi there,

Why not go for an IBC instead? I have just got one for £40 from North West Containers in Blackburn but I am sure you will find someone closer to you.

They are a white cube of plastic, usually surrounded by a metal cage and sat on a pallet. They have a capacity of 1000litres , which should keep you going for a while.

They all have a valve fitted but try to get one with a hose tail to put a hose on it, that way you can fit a post in the ground and put a standpipr tap which will make things easier. Well worth the initial effort and less likely to go missing as they are too big to just carry off.

Darren

Comment

Try your local Tesco I got 4 from there that was uesd for transfering the chickin fat but they are no longer alowed to use them cos of helth and safty
      there too big so I got the lot
      Some things in their natural state have the most VIVID colors
      Dobby

Comment

Any idea of where to get an IBC? Sounds better, but large!

Comment

http://www.smithsofthedean.co.uk/Rec...Containers.htm
          This is what you want
          There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

they are the dogs kahuna's, I have just dropped another two off onto my plots giving me seven in total. I still use the blue barrels as overflow tanks, two to each IBC.

With all of this rain all are full. Bring on the sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
              Thanks for the link Beefy. I use one of these for taking water to my horses in the summer, but an accident last year left mine bent and holed (I would love to know how exactly). Now I know where to replace it from!
              Happy Gardening,
              Shirley

Comment

is it just me or is that site extremely annoying? The prices are all over the place! I did manage to glean enough to realise it would be to expensive unless you was buying in bulk.

Comment

WiZer I will be honest and say I have saved it as a favourite to look at closely tomorrow. Totally exhausted after my day and just surfing the vine while I wait for OH to phone and say he arrived safely in Munich.
                  Happy Gardening,
                  Shirley

Comment

WiZer - so glad you posted that as I thought was me being daft!
                    I looked the otherday at web site and could only find prices for the adaptors and fittings.
                    Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
                    -- Alfred E. Neumann
                    http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

try www.freecycle.org
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X