Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Comfrey Liquid Feed 'go off'

Hey All

I put a load of comfrey leaves in a bucket last year, topped it off with water and a brick to weigh the leaves down and left it to ferment away. To be honest I completely forgot about it until last week - I decnated it into another container - boy does it whiff!

What i want to know is does the stuff go off - is it safe to use as a feed if it's been sitting around for months and months. My other question is regarding what to feed - are there any plants/veg/fruit that I shouldn't give it to or is it a good all rounder?

Also - if it does go off and it's not worth keeping - is it best to just pour it down the drain?

Cheers

E

It whiffs at the best of time eskymo Also if you our it down the drain you could be done for pollution

I would water it down a& give something you don't worry about a good dose of it & see if it dies
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Yes it goes off.

I usually make it in a bucket and use it in diluted form a week later and then discard.
      The law will hang the man or woman
      Who steals the goose from off the common
      But lets the greater thief go loose
      Who steals the common from the goose
      http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

How do you know when it's gone off, Johnty ? I mean, given the way it smells to begin with...
        There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

good question...

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
            How do you know when it's gone off, Johnty ? I mean, given the way it smells to begin with...
            i LOVE THAT SMELL
            The law will hang the man or woman
            Who steals the goose from off the common
            But lets the greater thief go loose
            Who steals the common from the goose
            http://johntygreentoes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yuck.

I tried to make some last year... it smelt like an open grave and millions of bluebottles descended on me after i opened my tub up, i dumped the lot on the compost heap, dug it in then had a very hot soapy bath. Never again.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Hi Eskymo

It wont have gone off, just bottle what you have and when needed dilute about 4 to 1. Good general feed, very good for toms, peppers, chillies etc.
                Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

thanka for letting me know Geordie. It smealls to high heaven - but not any different to what it usually smells like. I've bottled it up and will dilute as suggested when needed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X