X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red spider mite

what is the best way of getting rid of these

marion

I tend to wash/wipe them off with a wet cloth. I don't know if there is a proprietary spray or if that is the right thing to do. You then need to remember to mist to keep the humidity up as I understand they like dry conditions.

However I could be wrong and someone else has a better solution.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

If they are in your greenhouse then the atmosphere is too dry. You could try spraying with water with a drop of soap in it, in the first place, which will reduce their numbers before you resort to insecticide.
      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

There are biological controls as well. but soapy water is as good as anything then come the back end use a smoke bomb in the greenhouse & spray everywhere with ***** or armillartox.

I know in the Victorian kitchen garden he used a mix of equal parts sof soap & flowers of sulphur with nicotine dust added ..but I think you'll struggle with the last ingrediend these days .... luckily!!
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

pests

inspected my tunnel last night, the spider mites are only on the lettuces and some grren fly, not on anything else and in one spot on on the lettuces I have growing else where in the tunnell, if I pull them out will it be easy to get rid of the problem

marion

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X