Raised beds from old tyres

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised beds from old tyres

Have been thinking about using up some old tyres, and came across this interesting info.

http://www.noble.org/Ag/Horticulture/raisdbed/rb07.html

Is anyone already using this system, and does it work?
    Last edited by muckdiva; 08-03-2007, 10:16 AM. Reason: Better link address
    All at once I hear your voice
    And time just slips away
    Bonnie Raitt

Hi muckdiva!
    i remember my gran had a few massive tractor tires in her garden which she used as raised beds!
    i suppose you can used the smaller ones and if you have a few you could pile them on top of each other to get them quite tall! you could get some monster carrots if you had enough!
    as long as there arent any chemicals coming off the plastic i think they would be great but make sure its safe!
    my gran is alive and kicking so im sure its fine, but ive always suspected she is super human anyway!
    sorry ive just remember they use them in african township gardens as hanging baskets!
    hope thats some help!
    cheers buttercup

Comment

Sounds like a very good idea! The black colour will absorb the sun's heat.

Comment

I would wash them well to get any road film off them then cut the side walls out. If you have a recipical saw or a Jig saw it would be easy.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X