I have an allotment!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have an allotment!

Today I agreed to pay the vast sum of £15 for a year on my local site, just 200yds from my front door. I have a 5 rod plot, the original holder will retain the other 5 rods for now but I may be able to take that on at a later date. It is a little overgrown but has a shed, of sorts, rhubarb and a blackcurrant. It has not been cultivated with any enthusiasm for several years but should not take too much to bring it back into action.
    The water table is just 2ft down, we have a well and you can see how near the surface it is. They reckon that they never need to water, even in the hottest summers.
    I will post photos when I have sorted them out.
    As the advert says 'I'm so excited'

That's great news, Congratulations - looking forward to the piccies!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Congratulations Suky, not to bad a time to take one on. Here's to a successful growing season for you.

Ian

Comment

Excellent.

Mr Z wasn't happy about ours at first, now he's nagging for a whole bed up there to himself, to grow 'as he wants' rather than with my strange ways!

Bless.

Comment

Brialliant news Suky
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

200 yards from home, that is great!

Congrats.
            Real Men Sow - a cheery allotment blog.

Comment

Congratulations! It's nearly exactly a year since we got ours, a half plot. Had lots last summer from it- raspberries, rhubarb, lots of butternut squash, a pumpkin, courgettes, patty pan squash, new pots, rocket, lettuce, rainbow chard, runners, French beans, cucumbers, parsnips, broad beans and peas. That was without managing to get it all dug over. What we didn't do got covered with weed membrane and pumpkins planted through. Made digging out remaining couch grass a week or two ago a lot easier.

How wonderful not to have to worry about watering ! Happy gardening.

Comment

Congrats Suky.....I can understand the excitement, I'm going throught it myself. It's a fantastic feeling isn't it. I tried my best not to bore everyone about being a lottie holder then gave up and bored them silly!!

Comment

Fantastic news!!!

..and into the bargain - you can nip home for a wee/brew!!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I have had a sneak preview of the pics today and it looks wonderful!

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
                      I have had a sneak preview of the pics today and it looks wonderful!
                      She offered me her son to dig it too Don't think he was too impressed Child labour, a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Suky View Post
                        She offered me her son to dig it too Don't think he was too impressed Child labour, a wonderful thing.
                        Would have been wonderous indeed if he had agreed

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X