Announcement

Collapse

ANNOUNCEMENT - THE GROW SHOW

Allotmenteers! Head to The Grow Show for even more free growing advice, plus discounts and tricks from garden celebrities. What are you waiting for?
See more
See less

Sieving soil / trommel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sieving soil / trommel

Hi all,

If this is in the wrong place please advise where to put my listing.

I am trying to remove the stones and deep couch grass roots from a new allotment plot. There is a lot of building rubble here ( it used to be a dumping ground area) of the allotment site.

Before I jump into building a trommel out of an old cement mixer etc, i was hoping someone may have already gone to the trouble and have a motorised / mechanical soil sieve or trommel in the wider Oxfordshire area that I may be able to borrow.

Please help

That's a lot of effort?

I have very stony soil but just chuck them in a bucket as I come across the bigger ones, then use the stones to make a path
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

If the stones get trapped in the tynes of your fork throw them out the rest you can leave these hold the moisture and help drainage

Comment

trommel for allotment

Originally posted by evsnathan View Post
        Hi all,

If this is in the wrong place please advise where to put my listing.

I am trying to remove the stones and deep couch grass roots from a new allotment plot. There is a lot of building rubble here ( it used to be a dumping ground area) of the allotment site.

Before I jump into building a trommel out of an old cement mixer etc, i was hoping someone may have already gone to the trouble and have a motorised / mechanical soil sieve or trommel in the wider Oxfordshire area that I may be able to borrow.

Please help
        I'm sorry this is so belated but I wonder how you solved your problem in the end. Did you manage to borrow a trommel or did you make one? It's just that my partner has just finished building one (we're also in Oxfordshire) which you'd be welcome to borrow if still needed!

Comment

The OP hasn't visited the site since posting 4 years ago so I doubt will see your message. You could try a PM and see if he responds to that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X