Defining moment!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defining moment!

I had this defining moment while looking out of my greenhouse window today with my proposed plan in my hand, and seeing the rundown and weed infested plots I took over in January actually beginning to resemble my plans for them!
    This on a cold day where I found it hard to leave the warmth of my stove and didn't think I would get much done.

The central hub of the herb wheel is now in place and by the end of the weekend I should have 3/4 of the proposed beds positioned and ready for planting!
    It's been a hard slog, every evening after work and every Saturday and Sunday since about Christmas, but at last my plans are coming to fruition!

Must mark this in my diary as, '16th March 07 Defining Moment Day'

When was yours???????

PS Will try and get some piccies this weekend!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

well done Snadger my defining moment was when I finnished digging my lottie and got rid of the cooch grass it was covered with when Madderbat & myself took it over.
    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
    Brian Clough

Comment

Good thread, Snadger

...when my first broad bean appeared.

I know we've had it jolly easy, plot wise, compared to virtually all the other newbies...but that doesn't diminish the absolute thrill of seeing the first seed sprout.

Just wish it hadn't been when there was about 10 newly emerged-from-hibernation plot holders around to hear my girly whoops and witness my dance! Shakira - ain't got anothin' on me with a broad bean seedling!

Comment

Seeing my lottie start coming together and got flowers on my broad beans. Have a glimmer of my first crop!! (it will be small but worth it)
        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Planting our first Onion Sets in October, after having double dug the bed, and finally seeing the plot starting to resemble a plot and not a jungle!

Also seeing the greenhouse fully up and ready to grow, or the day we finished moving the strawbs and rasps and erected the fedge supports!

Or the day we dug to the sounds of the frogs croaking in the newly cleared pond.....

Or.............

I have a feeling there are going to be many more defining moments as the season prgoresses tho!
          Blessings
          Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
          Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
          Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
          On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

Mine must be when we finally got the bed edges finished. Been in the house 7 years and growing veg every year. The back garden was 100ft of lawn. Not any more! Over a period of 3 years I transformed the lawn into veg plots but after that we made a sort of potager (but not as posh!) and grew our veg in it for one season with only part of it done. The following year when it was as per design I was chuffed to little mint balls.

Flum
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Ours were -
              1- A beatutiful summers evening last year, sitting on a pile of wood, mug of coffee in hand looking at 5 fully dug, fully planted deep beds- Monty our cat playing with tuffts of grass at our feet, Sebbie- other cat hunting in the long grass on field edge! Pure heaven.
              2- Christmas Eve... wandering over to plot, bucket in hand- digging and picking veg for our Christmas Dinner... if it wasn't on the plot then it wasn't on the plate!
              3- Saturday lunchtime just gone, drinking the first bottle of our own grape wine, remembering the hot sunny day when we picked the grapes and all the days we threatend to 'prune' the vine 'cos it was in the way!!! wine tasted fab by the way....sat infront of a roaring fire as it was bitter outside!
              So many more moments past and moments to come....my life is rich indeed!
              Last edited by Headfry; 27-03-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

That's the way to look at it Headfry. Terry Pratchett said people can be split into 3 categories. The first says 'my glass is half empty', the second 'my glass is half full'. The world belongs however, to the people who say 'Excuse me? THAT's my glass? I don't think so! Mine was completely full. And it was bigger!'
                You have to grasp all the opportunities for pleasure and make the most of them. (Gospel according to Flum!)
                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Not sure whether it's defining or not .............

Apart from looking over the valley every morning which still can make me full of tears, seeing the bulbs that I planted in the wood have started coming through and now have colour there ................

Looking at all the cold frames full, other trays and growing pots all organised but all over the place and thinking ...............

Where the hell am I going to put this one??????????????
                  TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                    Looking at all the cold frames full, other trays and growing pots all organised but all over the place and thinking ...............

Where the hell am I going to put this one??????????????
                    That's one of my "moments" too!

I went out last night to plant some more tomato seeds and spotted a little shoot in the tray marked "cucumbers" so was very pleased

Comment

Try....

Went out with a coffee this morning to say hello to the new hens and saw a newt in the pond - lovely

(just don't look at the veg beds, I haven't cleared them yet).
                      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I love Newts! lucky you, and hens too- how many, what type

Comment

Two, see thread on Rule the roost - I put the photos up earlier!

Marie is a Speckeldy and Blackie is a Bovens nera - wonderful!

Terry
                          The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X