Shed roof in the snow

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed roof in the snow

Hello everyone. Have really enjoyed reading lots of posts since getting my lottie in Sept. I've been busy last couple of weekends building a shed on my plot but icy winds yesterday meant we didn't get the felt on the roof and have had to leave the OSB 'wood' exposed. Have had snow today - will wet weather rot the uncovered OSB? Should I let it dry completely (LOL - maybe by July!) before putting on felt? Thanks in advance for DIY advice.

Best wishes
    Julie

Hi JayKay,

Welcome to the vine, glad you came in out of the snow to say hi.

I am not sure about the shed, probably be better to get it covered I would think but I am sure someone will be along shortly with words of wisdom.

Mandy

Comment

Thanks Mandy.

We left the roof covered yesterday but the wind had blown loose the black plastic sheet during the night and I couldn't get it back on by myself today in strong northerly winds. I'll have another go once the wind drops but don't want to trap moisture under the sheet either. I think I need calm, dry weather - fingers crossed - it's nearly Spring!
      Julie

Comment

Ideally it would make sense to get it dry but seeing as you're unlikely to get a long enough dry period at the moment and the inside of your shed is a bit different to the inside of your house then I wouldn't worry too much, you won't be trapping any moisture as it can dry out from within and as Mandy says, probably best to get it sorted.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X