cumfrey where can you get it,

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cumfrey where can you get it,

hi, all can you help me i have just cleared my allotment, and this is my first question on grapevine, where can you get cumfrey from i have asked at garden centers but they do not have it the only advice i was given was look out in the country i might find some there, but i do not have a clue what i,m looking for. help
    Mick aka murfe 18

Try this place.http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...oducts_id=1492
    The force is strong in this one!

Comment

Originally posted by MURFE 18 View Post
      hi, all can you help me i have just cleared my allotment, and this is my first question on grapevine, where can you get cumfrey from i have asked at garden centers but they do not have it the only advice i was given was look out in the country i might find some there, but i do not have a clue what i,m looking for. help
      What an answer! Just shows what they are about profit, and the veg plants they sell are just another group of plants to them. Sorry rant over.

The web add that Pete has directed you too is a good one, i got my comfrey from them.
      Last edited by denise; 24-03-2007, 11:20 AM.
      Denise xox

Learn from the mistakes of others because you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
      -- Alfred E. Neumann
      http://denise-growingmyown.blogspot.com//

Comment

Its available on eBay (as are most things it seems)
        You need to check your spelling though or you'll not find it ... you want Bocking 14, accept no substitutions. The 'wild' comfrey will seed itself all over your plot, while Bocking stays where its put
        Good luck, its fabulous stuff
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by MURFE 18 View Post

Hi Murfe, and welcome to the vine.
          Before you go buying comfrey, why not talk to your lottie neighbours - it's quite probable that theyv'e got some seedlings to spare. We discovered that nearly all the lotties on our site have it and people are willing to share.
          You may only find one to two of the old boys around at the moment, but do talk to them.

Comment

Hi, thanks for advice have ordered some from organic gardens ,block 14 and thanks for telling me about blocking 14 thanks
            Mick aka murfe 18

Comment

I agree with the garden centre, I have sourced two large areas of comfrey when it has grown to a nice size I take a few sacks and cut as much as I want dont have to worry about giving up part of my plot where I can grow something to eat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X