No announcement yet.

IBC Weight Query.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've decided that on my current half plot I'll replace the shed later on, and probably plant another fruit tree there. When (if) I get another full sized plot i'll get an IBC hooked up from a polytunnel, then sort out a watering system from that - having blue barrels as overflows from the IBC. With the small amount of growing space I have- I think it'd be a better use to grow as much as I can in it, so I can justify the need for a larger plot

Comment

I agree with Alison and don't think they are too big for the plot. I have one plus about eight blue barrels dotted around my plot.
      Two nights of heavy rain can fill my IBC off the greenhouse roof.
      Our tap water is knocked off during the winter and without water my chooks would die. The chooks very rarely taste tap water and seem to thrive on what comes from the sky for free.
      Long live IBC's (I just wish I could afford another one!)
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I got mine for £20 plus delivery of £5 [although I gave him £10] on ebay.

I'd love another one if only we had room. I am trying to get the compost bin shoved at the top rather than the bottom so that we can add another one in. Mr Z doesn't know this though - so keep it shhhhhhhhh. I have started collecting pallets and the first two are in situ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
          Well, our allotments do shut the water off over winter, but its not generally when you will need it. I don't use a hose on the plot I water with a can anything that has been recently planted, but once they are settled in they have to make do with rain. I think it's really wasteful to be watering with a hose, a watering can will direct the liquid exactly where its needed while a hose waters everything including the weeds!
          Us with chooks on the plot need water all year round...and for me as I now don't have a car lugging enough water on a ten/fifteen minute walk to the lottie is a little more than hard work!...although I guess these containers would freeze in freezing conditions as with any other water butt???

Hose V watering can...when I have the time I much prefer to use a can .... but then there's the times where you simply don't have the time for continual trips back to the tap to fill the can...like it or not a hose is far quicker than a can and for some of us time is crucial.
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I think in 'standard use' a hose might be wasteful. But if you're using it just to move the water closer to where you want it, then it isn't a waste. I would love to be able to run a hose from my IBC to the greenhouses as the walking back and forth with the watering can adds about 15-20 minutes to the half hour it takes me to water everything.
            I'm seriously considering buying another one too - I've already gone through over 500 litres with the potatoes in tubs and 2 greenhouses, and the tomatoes have only just started flowering on the 2nd trusses!

Comment

I've found a few bargains on ebay, much chaper than the smiths of dean place I linked above. Only problem is, some sellers don't know what's been in it - so I avoid those when I was looking.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X