woohoo got a lotty

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo got a lotty

Three months ago went on the waiting list, was told there's a two year waiting list which i figured wasn't bad considering what some people wait. Then Tuesday got a letter offering me a Lotty, and yesterday picked up my key

Its not in bad state mainly grass and weeds but no brambles (thank god) its right at the top of the hill so no hope of using a wheel barrow (could see it now barrow running off on its own crashing threw the lower Lotty ) have a nice 8ft brick wall along the top and a lovely view gets plenty of sun as i found out today, digging for 3 hours and im a lobster

The other people told me that this allotment is not very popular because of where it is ie the area but its perfect for me could even walk from home to it. And its very tucked away i didnt even know where it was took me ages to find it

I am so excited to have my own space
    Last edited by witchwoo; 02-06-2011, 08:39 PM.

Congratulations! Please post some photos ... it's lovely for us to see and you to measure your progress. And it's not too late to plant some stuff this year!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds great, you'll be the king (queen?) of the hill

Not too late to be getting anything in either. I've recently taken on a half plot, similar - loads of grass (cough , bindweed and knotweed) but it's a godsend in comparison to my other plot.

You've the option I guess of grass paths now if you'd like them.. as everyone will say take it a bit at a time, and it really does help if you plant up as you go.. not only does it supress further weeds but it's also to turn around and look behind you to see a few beds/rows of produce growing away happily!

Comment

How exciting for you. Little and often will get you there I'm sure. Enjoy yourself!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

How exciting for you! Is there a water supply as you're at the top of the site. Having spend the morning moving water yesterday it's foremost in my mind. Hope you manage to get some crops in and have something to harvest this season.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
            Congrats! Sounds great, you'll be the king (queen?) of the hill
            i am queen of the hill

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
            How exciting for you! Is there a water supply as you're at the top of the site. Having spend the morning moving water yesterday it's foremost in my mind. Hope you manage to get some crops in and have something to harvest this season.
            there are troughs on site and one is just down the hill which helps, i can see me losing some weight which will not be a bad thing lol i have loads growing in pots at home so will be able to take them and plant them at the Lotty which will help loads on space at home and i was given some tomatoes plants from my bottom right Lotty neighbors which was lovely of them sadly cant get up there today but will take pics tomorrow for you

Comment

Congrats on your new space, totally addictive them lotties!
              http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
              http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

Who's woohoo?

Congrats witchwoo!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Congratumalations! Welcome to the lottie gang! PICS PICS PICS!
                  http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

right only managed to get one pic today off it but

from the bottom to the wall and up to the trees so not a bad size

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X