Life AFTER clubroot.................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life AFTER clubroot.................

As anyone who has dealt with clubroot knows, it can be a pain in the butt!

This is the fourth year I have had my plot and struggled with clubroot at first. I realised pretty quickly where the main pockets of it were and have made some permanent legume beds as the mainstay of the bad areas.
    I plant all sorts of everything all over the place and I think I may be at the tail end of the lands infection (around twelve years) and have managed to grow some decent brassicas which were unaffected.
    I am still using some clubroot resistant varieties along with normal varieties, but hope to grow only normal varieties next year.

Anyone else had the good fortune of restoring clubroot infected land to its former self?

PS Strangely, the areas with clubroot also had onion white rot. Both are fungal diseases so must like the same conditions. Hopefully if the clubroot peters out, the white rot will go with it!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

That sounds like good news Snadge. I'm lucky not to have had any sign of it on my plots, although I haven't had brassicas in every bed on plot 2 yet... Plot 1 was more or less a field for almost a decade though.
    There's a chap across the way who has it on his plot in certain patches, and he's been trying the clubroot resistant varieties of cabbage and cauli and they do well as long as he brings them on in pots first. If the clubroot funghi can't grow on these plants, then I suppose it must contribute to the eradication?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
    Working...
    X